Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CanuckGAME

image of asian looking woman banned from new 100$ bill

114 posts in this topic

I agree with avelanch. She doesn't look Asian to me either. Looks like a case of people looking too hard to find something to complain about.

The "focus" groups need more focus, as far as I'm concerned...

Suicide bombing mostly happens in middle east and mainly in Iraq. Iran, Philippines and other 3rd world countries in Asia don't have suicide bombers.

Quebec, however, "the inclusion of an Asian without representing any other ethnicities was seen to be contentious."

there's the reason... not French enough

when I saw the image asian never entered my mind nor any race.

Watch them try to "rectify" the situation by putting an image of a Chinese man working on the railroad. Or perhaps an image of Japanese internment camps or the Komagata Maru being turned away. Hey, if you're gonna be racist, might as well go for the gold.

If there's one thing we can learn from all this is that when in doubt go with the norm, the norm in this case is white.

This isn't England either. So they should put a picture of a real Canadian there. You know, like those natives that lived here way before the "Canadians" came to invade the land.

If your post stood out alone, then why did you attach it in response to another message that was mentioning the triviality of it as well?

Did you ever consider that matters trivial and stupid to you aren't to others, such as the people who raised the concern, the folks at BoC who listened, or others who are questioning their decision to give-way?

how about we toss Cobie Smulders on the back of the 100? she's canadian, and much hotter.

This is what passes for professional journalism in Canada these days.

I hope CTV's news director dies of cancer.

I assume the focus group consisted of white people. Why did they not include some non-white people in the focus group?

I say we scrap the whole insulin and scientist on the bill, and just replace it with a Canucks logo.

Then on the front we replace that face with the face of Trevor Linden.

That would instantly become the best $100 bill in the history of mankind.

what the hell is an asian anyway? Indian, Chinese, Iraqis, Siberians are all Asian.

oriental? far easterner? that's closer

stupid thing to start, more stupid is the debate.

LOL, she doesn't even look Asian, what the frack?

edit- OK, apparently that image seen is only the changed one.

Still, people with too much time on their hands, over-analyzing things. What a bunch of stupidity. Pretty pathetic the bank succumbed to the pressure.

I can't believe people could be so racist :picard:

Comon man its just money

Suicide bombing mostly happens in middle east and mainly in Iraq. Iran, Philippines and other 3rd world countries in Asia don't have suicide bombers.

what's wrong with keeping Robert Borden on the $100?