The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

image of asian looking woman banned from new 100$ bill

CanuckGAME

You're right. Each one of those is discriminating.

The hockey one is discriminating against other sports, like soccer, football, rugby, volleyball, curling, poker, fapping, etc.

The woman one is discriminating against transgendered, hermaphroditic, and non-Earth genders.

The frozen rivers bill discriminates against lakes, oceans, gulfs, lagoons, ponds, reservoirs, etc.

Gotta please everyone or no one.

I believe your initial comment was in response to a post that pointed to the 'triviality' of the matter.

My response to you was in accordance to your response, in that it's worth discussing as we as members of this society work to refine our society and the way we look at ourselves and the way we are reflected back to ourselves.

We do have bigger issues in this country to address and resolve, but that doesn't mean we're incapable of walking and chewing gum either.

I say we scrap the whole insulin and scientist on the bill, and just replace it with a Canucks logo.

Then on the front we replace that face with the face of Trevor Linden.

That would instantly become the best $100 bill in the history of mankind.

If your post stood out alone, then why did you attach it in response to another message that was mentioning the triviality of it as well?

Did you ever consider that matters trivial and stupid to you aren't to others, such as the people who raised the concern, the folks at BoC who listened, or others who are questioning their decision to give-way?

.. that this isn't Asia?

Truthfully, I don't see why it matters to have a person at all. Just put the bottle of insulin, and maybe a picture of the LCBO with the prices of booze in Ontario next to the price of booze in New York on the new $100. Soon that's what a beer will cost anyways.

It doesn't. However, pointing our hyper-sensitivity which ultimately keeps the reflective diversity from being reflected through our national institutions is something we can complain about in order to refine our society in order to better reflect the accomplishments and participation of the diverse population that makes up Canada.

Archived