Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canucksfan10123

AV or Torts?

83 posts in this topic

Very in-depth detailed question

AV no doubts, Torts deserves NYC that's the only market that can handle him.

Torts for entertainment value or AV for a better coach.... hmm this is a tough one (not)

I would waaaaaay rather AV as our coach

Torts would never survive in a Canadian market, His personality would become a media distraction and he would get ran out of town

NOT EVER, Torts. :sick:

We don't need his drama or his little temper tantrums associated with Vancouver. Oh I'll admit, he's entertaining when he has a meltdown, but I just don't want to see it happen under the Canucks organization's flag and have to live it down. It seems Canucks fans have enough to live down in the eyes of the rest of the hockey world.

Torts no question about it. He doesn't favour certain players and he has everyone play his system.

Torts may have a Cup ring, but let's get real. Even if we all hate Calgary, there's no denying they scored the GWG in Game 6 and should've won the Cup that year.

AV's a better coach.

Torts is better at challenging players and getting them fired up... AV doesn't really do much coaching at all besides in practice

They are both great coaches but I think AVs style suits the canucks players better. When I say style im talking about their attitude moreso than their systems. Plus I seem to recall torts saying he wouldnt coach in Canada but I may be mistaken.