The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AV or Torts?

canucksfan10123

Everyone should watch this and understand what type of coach the Vancouver Canucks have, and how they need a coach who can light fire under their you know what. Cory Schneider is asked to do his AV impression, he agrees to it, but admits AV doesn't say much in the dressing room, but just listen to what Cory has to say it's not much.

Start the video at the 9:20 mark and listen to what our coach says to our players before a game, pretty boring if you ask me I know I wouldn't be pumped up to go play a game if this was my coach, probably why they are always playing catch up in every game, because they are never ready to play.

First of all, how do you know that?And second of all, despite what you goofs may think...a coach is never going to jeopardize a chance to win by playing someone just because he likes him better than someone else. Seriously, would you risk your job, career, livelihood by playing someone just because you liked him?

I would probably pick AV before our SCF appearance, now I would pick Torts. I believe AV has lost the dressing room and wont get it back, which might partially explain all of our lackadaisical play last season and first round ousting.

If Torts were our coach during our cup Final he would never have let Luongo call the shots the way he did, asking Luongo if he wanted to stay in goal when he was getting shelled in game 3, WTF was that? Torts would probably use his time-outs more effectively as well and not leave the goalie in net until he let in a 4 goal minimum.

AV drives me nuts actually, I wont list everything he does to piss me off.

As much as I like to criticize AV, I'd take him over Torts easily. That freak is cut from the same cloth as Iron Mike, and he would be a big step backwards. That type of personality can usually get about one season of results, then, if he doesn't face a mutiny by the team, the media will chase him out, like previously mentioned.

Tort's aggressive motivation wouldn't work with our leadership group of the Sedins.

AV knows his players better than anyone else and knows how to get the most out of them. Having Torts would probably only help Kesler and Bieksa on our team. Plus, we have a pretty small defence that wouldn't do a good job with all that shot blocking.

Are you kidding? Torts would be like throwing gasoline on a fire. We're already under the NHL microscope when it comes to calls by the refs, etc. so I don't know that he'd really help to offset that in any way. I like AV's ability to stay cool.

tortorella-john-392-cp-070104.jpg

Archived