The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AV or Torts?

canucksfan10123

Like him or hate him, there is no denying Torts is a great coach. He demands the best out of all his players and often gets the best out of them. He will not hesitate to call out or even tear the head off his superstars with egos (i.e. no favourtism, period).

Even Vinny Lecavailler, who was stripped of the 'C' by Torts and was considered to 'often clash' with him called him a good coach who runs a great bench and knows what's going on at all times on the ice and makes excellent strategic decisions, especially in the playoffs.

Quite frankly, the Canucks could have used a lot of that.

And personally I'd love nothing more than to see some of our own media get put in their place every once in a while by the bench boss.

While AV has piled up impressive regular season feats, I feel Torts is a coach who is much better suited for the playoffs than AV is.

I like how Torts coaches, and I like seeing his side shows when he gets mad but I wouldn't ever want to see that in a Canadian market, it would just become an amazing media circus then. I like AV more now than I did a few years ago as he has lightened up and become more likeable with the media and players.

Are you kidding? Torts would be like throwing gasoline on a fire. We're already under the NHL microscope when it comes to calls by the refs, etc. so I don't know that he'd really help to offset that in any way. I like AV's ability to stay cool.

tortorella-john-392-cp-070104.jpg

Archived