Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canucksfan10123

AV or Torts?

83 posts in this topic

Still blows my mind how that isn't roughing. Actually, no it doesn't. Refs call whatever they feel like whenever they feel like it.

guess having a league executives kid on your team gives you immunity

the rags will undoubtably win a cup before we ever do. pretty much every team in the league will. the kings are proof of that.

it will all become clear when you are older and wiser my son......

it will all become clear when you are older and wiser my son......

Or you'll eat your words, which really is the more likely outcome. :rolleyes:

history has a way of repeating itself. you are old enough to know this by now. 1994/2011

history has a way of repeating itself. you are old enough to know this by now. 1994/2011

Torts would be more entertaining to watch.

rather than AV chewing his gum all the time

Both are great coaches but i think Torts can really rally the players and get them working come the playoffs.

Like him or hate him, there is no denying Torts is a great coach. He demands the best out of all his players and often gets the best out of them. He will not hesitate to call out or even tear the head off his superstars with egos (i.e. no favourtism, period).

Even Vinny Lecavailler, who was stripped of the 'C' by Torts and was considered to 'often clash' with him called him a good coach who runs a great bench and knows what's going on at all times on the ice and makes excellent strategic decisions, especially in the playoffs.

Quite frankly, the Canucks could have used a lot of that.

And personally I'd love nothing more than to see some of our own media get put in their place every once in a while by the bench boss.

While AV has piled up impressive regular season feats, I feel Torts is a coach who is much better suited for the playoffs than AV is.

I like how Torts coaches, and I like seeing his side shows when he gets mad but I wouldn't ever want to see that in a Canadian market, it would just become an amazing media circus then. I like AV more now than I did a few years ago as he has lightened up and become more likeable with the media and players.

You know that if Torts was our coach, it wouldn't be long before he and Botch would get into a scrap.....that alone could be worth it. :)

Are you kidding? Torts would be like throwing gasoline on a fire. We're already under the NHL microscope when it comes to calls by the refs, etc. so I don't know that he'd really help to offset that in any way. I like AV's ability to stay cool.

tortorella-john-392-cp-070104.jpg