Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CanucksFanMike

[Signing] Predators sign Scott Hannan

26 posts in this topic

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=403262

The Nashville Predators signed veteran defenceman Scott Hannan to a one-year, $1 million contract on Friday.

Last season, the 33-year-old blue liner scored two goals and added 10 assists for 12 points in 78 games with the Calgary Flames.

Hannan enters the 2012-13 season having played more games than any NHL defenseman in the last 10 seasons (798).

The Richmond, B.C. native has played in at least 75 games for 11 consecutive seasons.

Weber move over, we have a real number one defenceman now.

Well they needed to do something!

Fills a gap so Ellis and Josi can develop a little more

Oh no! Who is going to replace Ballard after he is traded for a 3rd round pick now??

Oh no! Who is going to replace Ballard after he is traded for a 3rd round pick now??

Good signing for the Preds. This also brings up Ballard's value if MG wants to dump some cap...which I don't see a point in doing because I believe Ballard and Tanev on the 3rd pairing will be moneyyyyyy!!!!

Wow. I thought for sure he'd go to Detroit.

I really don't know how it took so long for him to find a place to play. He's a very serviceable bottom pair guy.

Good signing. Hannan rounds out Nashville's top 4

Blum - Weber

Gill - Klein

Ellis - Hannan

EDIT: I swear, every time I try to come up with Nashville's D pairings, I always forget Johnathan Blum.

good pick up suprising it took this long for hannan to sign.

A million bucks?

Sounds a good deal, would have loved a big depth defender for that! I did call to sign him...

But I'm batting zero > Souray, Arnott (still a chance, but fading) and Hannan were my July 1 shopping list. Happy with Garrison anyway!

was one of the only decent moves Feaster made, signing Hannan...not sure what he was thinking not bothering to re-signh him, but a good move for Nashville - surprised it took this long and that little money.

Would rather of seen Alberts traded and Hannan signed as our 7th defenceman especially at 1 mil per season he is cheaper and more reliable defensively than Alberts.

Good bottom pairing d-man. Good stay at home defencemen which complements the offensive style defence of Ellis