The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

I agree with Sweathog, we have arguably the best defence in the league and adding a top QB to 2 star RBs and Arceneaux and we have a great team.

We're serious contenders. But you gotta love the Lions secondary, we got these great vets like Marsh and Phillips who get the job done. Offence don't want to throw toward these guys, along with Cord Parks. Yell looks good aswell but offence's will go after him if they get the chance.

We also have the 2 best LBs in the CFL, if we get our D-line getting serious pressure.. Oh boy!

He's injured and not playing because of the injury.

Haha maybe that's why.

I really cant stand Matt Dunnigan,,,he is nauseating to listen to,, why is he doing colour this year?

I like him on the panel. Not so much as a colour guy.

I think Chris Shultz would make a good colour commentator. He's usually got insightful things to say on the panel.

Great work by the defence, we're the best defence in the league IMO. Ryan Phillips broke up a sick pass and Ronnie Yell had an outstanding game. He had a pick six, stripped the ball and covered his guys extremely well.

I can't trust Glenn though, he panics in the pocket when his O-line is getting pushed back but props at the end of the game drive.

Beat an undefeated streak without Lulay, pretty darn good.

Great work by the defence, we're the best defence in the league IMO. Ryan Phillips broke up a sick pass and Ronnie Yell had an outstanding game. He had a pick six, stripped the ball and covered his guys extremely well.

I can't trust Glenn though, he panics in the pocket when his O-line is getting pushed back but props at the end of the game drive.

Beat an undefeated streak without Lulay, pretty darn good.

Just need to stay competitive 'til Lulay returns. Great second half.

Great win against a tough opponent - love how they still finished after the Harris TD was called back - that could have easily been a back-breaker.

Completely agree. Was do or die at that point and they kept pushing.

I, too, have no confidence in Glenn. Counting the days for Lulay's return...he just seems more composed/focused whereas Glenn doesn't take off and run if necessary. He's so hesitant. He forces those awful throws that are miles away (or picked off). Not good.

As much as I agree about Glenn - without him we're not where we are. As a band-aid, he's done his job. But his best days are clearly behind him.

As much as I agree about Glenn - without him we're not where we are. As a band-aid, he's done his job. But his best days are clearly behind him.

That's true - he has done his job as a band-aid. He's a back-up quarterback. Filling in for #1 he's got a .500 record, which is about what you expect from a back-up. He's allowing the team to tread water until Lulay gets back.

That's true - he has done his job as a band-aid. He's a back-up quarterback. Filling in for #1 he's got a .500 record, which is about what you expect from a back-up. He's allowing the team to tread water until Lulay gets back.

Completely agree. Was do or die at that point and they kept pushing.

I, too, have no confidence in Glenn. Counting the days for Lulay's return...he just seems more composed/focused whereas Glenn doesn't take off and run if necessary. He's so hesitant. He forces those awful throws that are miles away (or picked off). Not good.

Agree with all of these. Glenn does nothing to inspire my confidence as the leader of the offense - but he's 3-3 with big wins against Sask and Calgary. While I'd credit those to Harris and the D, he's been "good enough". (Especially that TD to Jackson.)

league leading 9 interceptions. I'd expect better from a veteran QB even if he was a back up