The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

B.C. has to be the most penalized team in the league, how many times do they nulify a good return or run.....hard to watch this one...Lulay looks just like he should..like he hasnt played in a year....playing the worst team in the league..we will be lucky to pull a win out of this.

Not sure how serious the injury is but by the way he and the trainers were holding it coming off the field, it was exactly how he was holding it a year ago.

Doesn't look good to me, and considering this is the third time he's seriously hurt the shoulder in his time in the CFL and fourth injury to the same shoulder overall (also hurt it once playing for Berlin Thunder of NFL Europe), I wouldn't be surprised if this injury today is a career threatening one.

Too bad, but the Leo's might now be going from cornerstone QB to looking for their next one.

Wally's going to have to pull another rabbit out of a hat and find another gem.

Where has the Lions running game disappeared?

It was supposed to be there bread and butter the whole year with Harris & Logan Mr. Thunder and Lightning keying the whole offence but the inconsistency on the o-line and at the qb position has affected the offence overall.

If it wasnt for the defence this team would be in serious trouble.

Offences in the CFL except for maybe Edmonton and Calgary have been pretty brutal all year though.

Some real ugly games this year but this one has to take the cake. No run game from either team or big returns in the return game along with hardly any big pass plays equals unwatchable football.

I'm pretty sure I have seen better action in NFL pre-season.

THAT GAME WAS BRUTAL!!!

Thank goodness for NFL football to get you through September till hockey starts.

Love the addition of Thursday Night football better match ups this year.

Too much distractions for the Lions this year with the uncertainty around Lulay and his shoulder problems. Even if he comes back at some point this year I don't see the Lions going any where.

Calgary is looking like the Grey Cup favorite right now with Cornish back and ready to make a charge at the rushing crown.

Remaining games against Winnipeg will decide if this is the year the Lions finally do not manage to sneak into the playoffs.

Scary thought with them hosting it this year to perhaps not be invited to their own party!!!

Edited by Chip Kelly

Something is very wrong with the Lions and it goes beyond the field. Ed Willis from The Province well pointed out that when the late Bob Ackles was around, the team didn't have to guarantee wins. I also think Wally is losing his touch in player recruitment. Yes, Lulay's the main meal ticket but if this season only hangs in the balance on account of him, then the problems run a lot deeper.

Edited by Tiger-Hearted