The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Not with our popgun offense. I love our D but we seriously need to get some of our weapons back to have any chance of beating a legit team.

Lots of season left for some of our weapons to heal. Still a month to go. Look at last week, any team is beatable on any given day in the CFL.

So I'm watching the game against Ottawa on the PVR. Didn't notice it at the game, but Glenn put gloves on when he was injured on the first play. I commented to my buddy at the game that his throws seemed to have a bit more snap to them. Apparently he never wears gloves. Perhaps he should stick to using them.

Edited by Grapefruits

• 2 weeks later...

So I was watching the Argo/Cats game. Right near the end with about 14 seconds left the Argo player not only hit the Cats QB a little late but he came up and hit helmet to helmet. What the hell? Should that not be a penalty?

They've been calling helmet to helmet on the QB all season.

Couple questionable call by the refs already against the Lions. I guess we know how this game is gonna be called.

No kidding. Give them an extra 15 on their first p, and take away 10 on our first p. I mean, they could call holding on just about every play, and did they even have a replay on the "major foul" on BC on that first call?

No kidding. Give them an extra 15 on their first p, and take away 10 on our first p. I mean, they could call holding on just about every play, and did they even have a replay on the "major foul" on BC on that first call?

No they didn't. I watched the play a couple times on the PVR and didn't see anything.

At any rate, Antolin sure looks like a keeper.

No they didn't. I watched the play a couple times on the PVR and didn't see anything.

At any rate, Antolin sure looks like a keeper.

Yeah he's a beauty. Harris who? (well...not really)

But the refs are sure calling every BC play by the books...offsides, procedures, and holdings almost every play.

Yeah he's a beauty. Harris who? (well...not really)

But the refs are sure calling every BC play by the books...offsides, procedures, and holdings almost every play.

By the books, and then they are reaching on some . The reffing in the CFL this year has been disgusting.

Bombers need to win today to keep their playoff hopes alive. Should it surprise you?

Nothing surprises me when it comes to officiating anymore. CFL, NHL, it's all pathetic.

Bombers need to win today to keep their playoff hopes alive. Should it surprise you?

Nope. Looks like the refs have eagle eyes on the Lions this game. Not necessarily calling bogus calls, but making sure they don't miss anything, while not being too fussy when it comes to the Bombers. Classic

WTF was that at the end there... 32 seconds to go and you run the ball on 1st and what a little over 10 from the endzone?... Then 16 seconds left after that they sit around and let the clock run down to 2 seconds before calling a TO... Who is running this shitshow. Had ample time to have 2 shots at the endzone. This offense is just terrible.

Good game so far from what I've seen. Officiating is something I've learned to set the bar low for...refuse to allow it to ruin my experience. (I hate the refs)

That's a good way to look at it. Hard to make them not ruin it sometimes though. It does make a victory that much sweeter though when they beat the other team and the refs as well. B) (ie..Woman's Olympic gold in Salt Lake)

WTF was that at the end there... 32 seconds to go and you run the ball on 1st and what a little over 10 from the endzone?... Then 16 seconds left after that they sit around and let the clock run down to 2 seconds before calling a TO... Who is running this crapshow. Had ample time to have 2 shots at the endzone. This offense is just terrible.

WTF is right. Even if they did run the ball on the first down. Why not have a hurry up no-huddle play ready to go when they had the 16 seconds? 32 seconds is an eternity in the CFL if you play it right.