Wake me in time for the second half

Sundown ya better take care

M'feet hurt, my legs ache

Someone get me a chair

to

And I was like baby, baby, baby, oh

Like baby, baby, baby, no

Like baby, baby, baby, oh

I thought you'd always be mine, go Geroy?

No. This is wrong on so many levels. I hated the Nickelback deal, but at least it was football crowd music - loud, rowdy, fire 'em up crap that suited the atmosphere. This is blasphemy. Expect 900,000 screaming 12 year olds to show up.

No. This is wrong on so many levels. I hated the Nickelback deal, but at least it was football crowd music - loud, rowdy, fire 'em up crap that suited the atmosphere. This is blasphemy. Expect 900,000 screaming 12 year olds to show up.

Maybe it plays well in Toronto?

But this is about The Grey Cup, not Toronto. Everything else in the world is about Toronto. :)

I understand WHY they'd do this - hot ticket items of the moment just happen to also be Canadian. But for a football game, not sure how it fits...

lol at Grey Cup halftime show...

Gordon Lightfoot sharing the stage with Bieber and that "Call Me Maybe" singer.

You know that "Call Me Maybe" singer made more money with that one song than you will your whole life. She has a name you know, show some pride for your good Canadian singers.

But this is about The Grey Cup, not Toronto. Everything else in the world is about Toronto. :)

I understand WHY they'd do this - hot ticket items of the moment just happen to also be Canadian. But for a football game, not sure how it fits...

Also the Grey Cup is one of the few events that the Americans haven't taken over and screwed up yet, it is basically a Canadian party, so lets celebrate with Canadian artists, Lightfoot is a legend, his music is a bit mellow but no more so than Blue Rodeo, Beiber is the hot ticket (Odin only knows why) at the moment, I must confess I am not familiar with the other singer, I rarely listen to radio or Muchmusic.

Also the Grey Cup is one of the few events that the Americans haven't taken over and screwed up yet, it is basically a Canadian party, so lets celebrate with Canadian artists, Lightfoot is a legend, his music is a bit mellow but no more so than Blue Rodeo, Beiber is the hot ticket (Odin only knows why) at the moment, I must confess I am not familiar with the other singer, I rarely listen to radio or Muchmusic.

I get what you're saying, and it is clearly what the organizers are thinking... but if you are the CFL and are going to be using the "Canadian artists" theme (as they often do) I am sure you could dig up a band or two that would present a more consistent(?) show. Like someone else said, I have no love for Nickelback but they'd fit a lot more than shoehorning Lightfoot in with pure pop,

I also liked the "under 16, over 60 crowd" comment. :lol:

BTW, I have no choice but to like Lightfoot... I sail on a freakin' Great Lakes Freighter....

• Upvote 1

I get what you're saying, and it is clearly what the organizers are thinking... but if you are the CFL and are going to be using the "Canadian artists" theme (as they often do) I am sure you could dig up a band or two that would present a more consistent(?) show. Like someone else said, I have no love for Nickelback but they'd fit a lot more than shoehorning Lightfoot in with pure pop,

BTW, I have no choice but to like Lightfoot... I sail on a freakin' Great Lakes Freighter....

Since it is a Canadian party I'd go with the ultimate Canadian party band TROOPER :towel:

wellyes but Nickelback played last year and are soo last year...

please not again.

the Sheepdogs.

Pierce just needs to hang it up before he ends up a cripple.

---------------------------------------------------

Buck Pierce to miss final Bombers game with shoulder injury

Buck Pierce has played his last game this season for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

He injured his shoulder and heads a long list of players hurt in Saturday’s rain-soaked 28-18 loss in Hamilton.

With the loss, Winnipeg has no chance to make the playoffs but will play one more game this weekend at home against Montreal.

Interim head coach Tim Burke says it’s also uncertain whether No. 1 backup Joey Elliott can start since he banged up his knee Saturday.

The Bombers will also be without their two best running backs — Chad Simpson and Will Ford — and receivers Terrence Edwards and Isaac Anderson.

At this point, they don’t expect Johnny Sears to play either, which once again opens a hole at strong-side linebacker.

Edited by zero-ONE-three