The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Saw on TSN this morning that the Riders are going to rest Durant this weekend. (likely due to the helmet to helmet hit he took from Brandon Isaac of the Argos)

Drew Willy gets the start for the Green guys. If Vancouver fans can't come up with creative signs using that name, then I don't know what to say...

i really don't understand calling a timeout near the end of the game before a field goal edmonton could be going to ot even though the game result doesn't matter but still bad call by kavis reed

He was trying to ice the kicker...definitely backfired tonight though.

Chris Williams on Hamilton is a beast. He is gonna get some NFL offers for next season.

What I don't get is how can one team's offence can be so good and explosive yet they don't make the playoffs because their d is absolutely terrible.

Also how does a guy like Chevon Walker not get used more instead of Cobourne? He is their most explosive RB you have to get him touches in a must win game.

Hamilton's problems are clearly on defense. Sure the offence can improve by limiting the turnovers but the defense has to bail out the offence once in a while.

Edited by Terry Crews

I was at the Riders game, great turnout. Best of the season I think? I'll try to be at the West Final too.

I've been to nearly every Riders game in Vancouver the last few seasons. I'm contemplating season tix for next season.. What kind of benefits do they include?

Wow :lol:

Drew Tate is starting for the Stamps in place of KG. Unbelievable. I hope the Stamps get blown out because of this decision.

Chris Cuthbert@CCtsn

I understand Drew Tate is the #CalStampeders QB of the future but shocked he'll start in WSF. Thanks for saving the season Kevin Glenn.

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports

WOW is the response I got from #Riders gm Brendan Taman when I told him Drew Tate getting the start vs his team.

Tamen also asked "Are you kidding" when informed of Tate decision. I think Riders were getting ready for Glenn.

Count #Lions gm Wally Buono as another gm surprised Tate getting the start. This morning Bouno was sure it would be Glenn.

Other BC Lion news:

#Lions gm Wally Buono says m-r-i on OL Dean Valli was positive - he'll be ok for West Final. Valli will practice next Tuesday.

Buono says Hameister-Reece is IFFY for Western Final and Jason Arakgi is doubtfull..

Buono says receivers Geroy Simon and Arland Bruce will be 100% healthy for practice on Thursday.

Edited by PowerIce

I was at the Riders game, great turnout. Best of the season I think? I'll try to be at the West Final too.

I've been to nearly every Riders game in Vancouver the last few seasons. I'm contemplating season tix for next season.. What kind of benefits do they include?

You get:

10% off of merchandise at the Stadium and online.

First dibs on playoff tickets.

You can buy additional single game tickets without service charges.

Exclusive pre-sale offers for BC place events. (Only was I was able to get Paul McCartney tics.)

Exclusive invites to BC Lions events.

From what I've been told from other season ticket holders, the longer you have them, the more cool stuff the team does for you.

http://www.bclions.com/page/tickets

Edited by zero-ONE-three

CFL Award finalists are out:

MOP

Jon Cornish (CGY)

Chad Owens (TOR)

DEFENSIVE PLAYER

JC Sherritt (EDM)

Shea Emry (MTL)

CANADIAN PLAYER

Jon Cornish (CGY)

Shea Emry (MTL)

SPECIAL TEAMS

Tim Brown (BC)

Chris Williams (HAM)

ROOKIE

Jabar Westerman (BC)

Chris Matthews (WPG)

OFFENSIVE LINEMAN

Jovan Olafioye (BC)

Josh Bourke (MTL)

Little surprised Sherritt beat out Bighill for the West Defensive finalist but I can pretty much agree with the rest of it. I think Owens takes MOP and Cornish gets Canadian.

Did anyone hear about this?

Dean Molberg from Fan 960 in Calgary said he hopes the Saskatchewan Roughriders plane crashes and kills 4 people, what a piece of crap.

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthread.php?112330-Calgary-sports-idiot-says-he-wants-Rider-plane-to-crash-and-for-four-people-to-die...

Did anyone hear about this?

Dean Molberg from Fan 960 in Calgary said he hopes the Saskatchewan Roughriders plane crashes and kills 4 people, what a piece of crap.

http://www.riderfans...eople-to-die...

yeah, I was actually just going to post it after I read it in the paper. What an idiot!

Thats a little bit creepy. Anyways looks like I got ticket to the Western Final. I head they're expecting between 40-50,000. Should be a good time.

They had 41,000 last year. Hopefully they will get more this year since the Canucks aren't playing. Wish more people would take the time to go to a game and see how much fun they are.