The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

I hope the players don't start thinking that way. The Stamps won plenty of games with Tate out of the lineup this year. They're still the most dangerous opponent left in the playoffs.

They definitely are. And they earned their record with Glenn as QB..........not Tate.

Honestly, from a Stamps point of view I'd have gone with Kevin Glenn anyway. Tate is a bit of a head-case and one sack here or one failed drive there would have spelled early disaster for Calgary. Glenn's been through the fire before and he certainly proved himself in Tate's absence this year. That being said, I think the Lions D will get to Glenn anyway.

Wish Tate was the starting QB. He isn't very good. Anyone know how cold it is going to be at the game?

I'm fine just wearing my jersey & a shirt underneath. I take my jacket off at the game. Will feel a bit cooler than room temperature. The roof will likely be closed because it's raining Sunday.

They definitely are. And they earned their record with Glenn as QB..........not Tate.

Yep, Glenn can get it done. So it's not like this is some big break for the Lions. However if the Lions play their best they should be able to beat the Stamps. I truly believe that which either team wins the run game Sunday will win the football game.

Just slightly off topic here for a second, I have to rant a bit at the start time here. I know I might be in the minority of the public, but I work graveyard shift starting Saturday, so because of the 1 pm start time there's no way I can watch the game live now. I just wish they would have kept the normal start time or even 4 or 5 would have been ok. But I guess TSN wants to capitalize on the Eastern timezone too. Still, just a crappy situation for me. :(

A message from head coach Mike Benevides

BENEVIDES_NOV15.JPG

It’s playoff time and your BC Lions are proud to host the Western Final this Sunday, November 18th at BC Place – the place PRIDE calls home! The match-up is now set and we will be taking on our West Division rivals, the Calgary Stampeders to determine which team will have the honour of playing in the 100th Grey Cup Championship game. It’s one game. One goal: defend our cup with PRIDE!

We hold a remarkable 15-1 record at the new BC Place and it is no secret that it is because of the home-field advantage that you – our loyal fans bring to the building. That is why I want to invite you to continue that home-field advantage as we strive to accomplish our goal of becoming 2012 Grey Cup Champions! Playoff fever is taking hold of our great province and the city of Vancouver. Tickets are going fast for the Western Final and I encourage you to get yours today. We look forward to seeing you there, dressed in orange, and cheering us on to victory.

Thanks for your outstanding support!

Go Lions Go!

MIKE_BENEVIDES_SIGNATURE_SML.JPG

Mike Benevides

Head Coach

BC Lions Football Club

(No, I am not Mike Benevides)

Edited by zero-ONE-three

Yep, Glenn can get it done. So it's not like this is some big break for the Lions. However if the Lions play their best they should be able to beat the Stamps. I truly believe that which either team wins the run game Sunday will win the football game.

Just slightly off topic here for a second, I have to rant a bit at the start time here. I know I might be in the minority of the public, but I work graveyard shift starting Saturday, so because of the 1 pm start time there's no way I can watch the game live now. I just wish they would have kept the normal start time or even 4 or 5 would have been ok. But I guess TSN wants to capitalize on the Eastern timezone too. Still, just a crappy situation for me. :(

Yah man, that sucks for you. I gotta say, it worked out great for me. Living on the island it's the perfect game time to get over to the mainland, enjoy the game and get back all in the same day.

To those planning on attending....the crowd is a HUGE factor in these games....the time count violations are always a great part of home field advantage.

But remember (drunkard friends of mine)....ONLY ON DEFENSE!!!! Loud as you can be - cowbells (don't worry, got it covered), horns, yelling like your wife just threw out your favourite lucky jersey with the trash, etc. but when we have the ball, quiet as a mouse. Let the team hear the count, etc.

Usually our crowd's really good but I've found that, at times, as we're getting toward the 4th quarter and hammeredsville, they start cheering at everything.

So pumped for this game. Nik Lewis, you'll be donating your organs to charity after this one. Asshat.

Jesse Newman took the majority of the reps at right guard on Friday at Lions practice at BC Place. Newman is expected to start on the offensive line after Dean Valli suffered a set back to his injured knee earlier this week, although Head Coach Mike Benevides said he’ll likely make that decision tomorrow.

“Yeah he had a little bit of a set back,” said Benevides of Valli. “It’s one of those things where some rest will help him, and we’ll take a look at it tomorrow.”

Meanwhile, Cauchy Muamba is expected to return to the line-up at safety after suffering a concussion in the season finale against Saskatchewan.

There was also a lot of talk about Mike Reilly as the back-up quarterback has dyed his beard bleach blond for the playoffs.

http://teamradio.ca/lions-report/lions-practice-report-november-16/#more-19455

Edited by PowerIce

The plot thickens...

STAMPEDERS LB SIMPSON DOUBTFUL FOR WESTERN FINAL VS. LIONS

The Calgary Stampeders could be without their defensive captain in Sunday's Western Final against the B.C. Lions.Middle linebacker Juwan Simpson, who re-aggravated a right ankle injury in the West Semi-Final against the Saskatchewan Roughriders, didn't practice for the third straight day Friday and head coach John Hufnagel said he's doubtful for Sunday's showdown.Should Simpson be considered unfit to play, defensive lineman Deron Mayo will replace him at the position.Simpson is one of the few players on defence that has played all 19 games for the Stampeders and it could be considered a heavy blow for the team if he can't go.This season, Simpson has recorded 82 tackles and two sacks with six special teams tackles.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=409667

Coach B just needs to make sure complacency isn't an issue on Sunday and the Leos should be going to Toronto.

A funny vid echoing what deb said earlier....with some sweet cameos at the end!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9YldbKWQik&feature=channel&list=UL

It's a pretty basic sentiment, and it's a bit sad how people haven't picked that up. But I have to say those attendance numbers sound awesome, and I hope those people are ready to come in loud... on defence.

I agree with those who believe that the Tate injury isn't necessarily good for the Leos. Glenn would have been the better choice to begin with, IMO. The bigger loss is Simpson. I never underestimate the motivation for players who are facing a former team. Plus, if the Stamps have to use a D lineman in Simpson's place, I think it makes for a very good opportunity for BC to exploit the speed advantage of Harris over the linebackers, especially if they can catch Calgary in man to man coverage.