The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

It's a pretty basic sentiment, and it's a bit sad how people haven't picked that up. But I have to say those attendance numbers sound awesome, and I hope those people are ready to come in loud... on defence.

It's ???? sad that so many Canadians don't understand this. We've had football in this country for 100 years and it's the undisputed #1 sport on this continent.

I'm so ???? sick of the Canadian sports scene. Just way too in to ???? hockey, and just NHL hockey at that.

The Americans although I despise their lack of hockey knowledge, are way ahead of us when it comes to being a sports fan as a whole.

During non-lockout years you may as well just rename our sports radio to the "Puck 1040".

Having over 40k will be awsome, in my opinion it's a travesty it's not sold out but I pin much of the blame on the BC Lions themselves. Their ticket pricing is mind boggling and they've completely priced out the casual fan, then they slap blackouts on everyone.

It's ???? sad that so many Canadians don't understand this. We've had football in this country for 100 years and it's the undisputed #1 sport on this continent.

I'm so ???? sick of the Canadian sports scene. Just way too in to ???? hockey, and just NHL hockey at that.

The Americans although I despise their lack of hockey knowledge, are way ahead of us when it comes to being a sports fan as a whole.

During non-lockout years you may as well just rename our sports radio to the "Puck 1040".

Having over 40k will be awsome, in my opinion it's a travesty it's not sold out but I pin much of the blame on the BC Lions themselves. Their ticket pricing is mind boggling and they've completely priced out the casual fan, then they slap blackouts on everyone.

I completely agree with you on the pricing. The upper bowl bleeders should not cost anywhere close to what they're going for. Drop it to $20/ticket and just get them sold and get the house rocking. Sure you'd probably have a couple more ejections on your hands, but BC Place when it's sold out is an absolute fortress (well I guess based on the team's record, new BC Place is quite the fortress even when it only has 30k).

I completely agree with you on the pricing. The upper bowl bleeders should not cost anywhere close to what they're going for. Drop it to $20/ticket and just get them sold and get the house rocking. Sure you'd probably have a couple more ejections on your hands, but BC Place when it's sold out is an absolute fortress (well I guess based on the team's record, new BC Place is quite the fortress even when it only has 30k).

haha I think that's why we don't see nearly as many fights in the stands as we do from the past. When the prices use to be cheaper, we saw more people buy a ticket just to get drunk and start fights *cough cough Surrey