The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

ELIMIMIAN ARRIVES IN VANCOUVER AFTER BEING CUT BY BROWNS

After being cut from the Cleveland Browns practice roster, former B.C. Lions linebacker Solomon Elimimian arrived back in Vancouver Monday night.

Elimimian, who joined the Browns Sept. 1 after being cut by the Minnesota Vikings on Aug. 25, spent two seasons with the Lions before signing a two-year deal with the Vikings following the 2011 campaign.

Head coach Mike Benevides was asked about his former linebacker on the TEAM 1040 radio:

"He is certainly a BC Lion in terms of rights and all that stuff," Benevides said. "And obviously we know how good of a player he is and the more you can have great. But he has to go through that process, maybe there is someone else or another organization that has a need for his kind of player down there so we will wait and see."

The 25-year-old has 10 days to catch on with another NFL club before his rights revert to the Lions.

He was named the CFL's Most Outstanding Rookie in 2010 before posting 98 tackles with the Lions in 2011.

ELIMIMIAN ARRIVES IN VANCOUVER AFTER BEING CUT BY BROWNS

After being cut from the Cleveland Browns practice roster, former B.C. Lions linebacker Solomon Elimimian arrived back in Vancouver Monday night.

Elimimian, who joined the Browns Sept. 1 after being cut by the Minnesota Vikings on Aug. 25, spent two seasons with the Lions before signing a two-year deal with the Vikings following the 2011 campaign.

Head coach Mike Benevides was asked about his former linebacker on the TEAM 1040 radio:

"He is certainly a BC Lion in terms of rights and all that stuff," Benevides said. "And obviously we know how good of a player he is and the more you can have great. But he has to go through that process, maybe there is someone else or another organization that has a need for his kind of player down there so we will wait and see."

The 25-year-old has 10 days to catch on with another NFL club before his rights revert to the Lions.

He was named the CFL's Most Outstanding Rookie in 2010 before posting 98 tackles with the Lions in 2011.

That's fairly bittersweet.

Good riddance. As much as I dislike the Riders, the Bombers deserve every bit of their horrible season after last years "swaggerville" garbage we were bombarded with every week. God that annoyed the piss outta me. <_<

Wow...I'm a Bomber's fan and all we had last year was Swaggerville...I wasn't annoyed at all by it.

Bomber's season this year, with La Police: No Offense

Without La Police: No Offense and No Defence.

Great...for the first time in many many years, I'm looking forward to the NFL starting...

Go Pats Go!

Just thought I'd mention Tim Brown finally turning in a good outing last game since I rip him almost every week for not doing anything on returns.

Let's hope he can finally bring that kind of effort on a consistent basis.

I do think if Elimimian lands back with the Lions for the remainder of the year even if only to still try the NFL again next year it would still be worth it.

Think about it. BC would have the best LB corps in the league with Elimimian,Bighill, and McKenzie. Plus Elimimian brings the fire to the defence and makes everybody else play better when he is making those crushing hits.

People think Elimimian and Bighill play the same position so they can't co-exsist at the same time but the Lions could easily move Elimimian to the outside linebacker spot which would make good use of his sideline to sideline range whereas Bighill is more suited to playing in the middle because he is more of a downhill tackler.

Great game from the Lions today. Pretty much everything that has been a problem the past few weeks were all ironed out today.

Great effort, now lets hope the fans start coming out a little more now that we're in the stretch drive of the season. Another sub-par crowd again today. :(