The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

So upper level is still pretty much unsold expect for first three rows all around. if it kind of remains this way it will not be much fun. we need that place packed.

Looks like a lot more than just the 3 rows are sold, corners maybe. Trust me, the place will still be rocking. Expect to see around 42,000 for the game.

Lions really need to change their pricing structure for upper bowl tickets. They charge the same price to sit on the 50 yard line for first row as they do to sit in the bleeds. Should reduce upper bowl seats by half to get people into the stadium.

Looks like a lot more than just the 3 rows are sold, corners maybe. Trust me, the place will still be rocking. Expect to see around 42,000 for the game.

Lions really need to change their pricing structure for upper bowl tickets. They charge the same price to sit on the 50 yard line for first row as they do to sit in the bleeds. Should reduce upper bowl seats by half to get people into the stadium.

Makes no sense.

I paid $48 (including fee's) for tickets in row 3! :lol: What a deal. Their in the end zone, but still pretty wicked. And they're the same prices as everyone else in the end zone. I only bought them last Wednesday.

I'm thinking:

West:

Stamps: 27

Lions: 17

East:

Argos: 34

Als: 30

Final:

Stamps: 24

Argos: 21

For some reason I really see the Stamps winning the West. I'm not as certain with the East, which makes the finals harder to predict.

P.S. Don't be pissed off at my prediction(s), I have no hate for the Lions (well, a little from last year's final :P )

Edited by C00KIES

I'm thinking:

West:

East:

Final:

For some reason I really see the Stamps winning the West. I'm not as certain with the East, which makes the finals harder to predict.

P.S. Don't be pissed off at my prediction(s), I have no hate for the Lions (well, a little from last year's final :P )

There is no way the Stamps D hold the Lions offense to 17 points, especially when healthy.

I'm thinking:

West:

East:

Final:

Not pissed off..more perplexed than anything. How you think that Calgary is going to put up 27 points in BC Place is beyond me. And zero respect for our offence. Lions may not win but certainly not by a 10 point spread. :s

I'm thinking:

West:

East:

Final:

lol

What a terrible tweet by Nik Lewis :picard:

Honestly, it's not like you have to be a rocket scientist to know that a tweet like that is wrong. It's just common sense and not knowing better is just pure ignorance on his part. Similar to a Khalif Mitchell and/or Yunel Escobar type of a situation - being an athlete doesn't excuse these people from being accountable for their actions (and words). They are still part of the greater world, still part of humankind, and they still have a responsibility to be good role models and respectful human beings to those around them.

If that is too hard for them to do, they shouldn't be on Twitter. They can spew that garbage to their own friends who have like-minded opinions. But don't toss it out there for the public to read because it's insensitive and offensive towards others.

Nik Lewis being a dumbass again

http://www.calgarysu...line-on-twitter

Tweeted

Heard about this earlier. What an idiot! After the hoopla that was made over Khalifs twitter comment, you would think he would know better. You can pretty much guarantee he knew about it, and I would bet that coaches around the league used it as an example of what not to do on their twitter accounts.

Calgary looks weak by only giving him a fine. I know it's a huge game but he deserves a suspension.*

*(Might be a little much, but I'd rather see him not play on Sunday)

#MaybeALittleToFar

Hell, bench him for his poor grammar! :lol:

Edited by zero-ONE-three

Tate out for the rest of the season with fractured forearm.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=409551

STAMPEDERS QB TATE OUT WITH FRACTURED RIGHT FOREARM

CALGARY -- Calgary Stampeders quarterback Drew Tate is out for the rest of the season with a fractured right forearm.

Tate showed up to practice with a cast on his throwing arm, and it was announced he will miss Sunday's CFL West final against B.C., and the Grey Cup if Calgary manages to advance to the title game.

Tate had an MRI and a CT scan Tuesday when the small fracture was discovered.

Kevin Glenn will start for Calgary against the Lions in Vancouver.

"We won 10 out of the last 12. Kevin started eight of those wins so we'll just move on," Stampeders coach John Hufnagel said.

Tate is coming off a resilient performance in Calgary's CFL West semifinal.

He overcame a helmet-to-helmet hit in the first half and led the Stampeders to a 36-30 victory over Saskatchewan.

Tate says the injury happened in the third quarter of Sunday's game. It's the latest setback in an injury-plagued campaign for Tate, who missed 14 games in the regular season with a shoulder injury.

"One door closes. Another opens and the opportunity is now Kevin's," Tate said. "Kevin will take advantage of it and I think our team will respond.

"I guess 2012 just wasn't my year."

Buck Pierce 2.0?

Edited by Shift-4

<p>

CALGARY -- Calgary Stampeders quarterback Drew Tate is out for the rest of the season with a fractured right forearm.

Tate showed up to practice with a cast on his throwing arm, and it was announced he will miss Sunday's CFL West final against B.C., and the Grey Cup if Calgary manages to advance to the title game.

"We won 10 out of the last 12. Kevin started eight of those wins so we'll just move on," Stampeders coach John Hufnagel said.

He overcame a helmet-to-helmet hit in the first half and led the Stampeders to a 36-30 victory over Saskatchewan.

Tate says the injury happened in the third quarter of Sunday's game. It's the latest setback in an injury-plagued campaign for Tate, who missed 14 games in the regular season with a shoulder injury.

"One door closes. Another opens and the opportunity is now Kevin's," Tate said. "Kevin will take advantage of it and I think our team will respond.

Buck Pierce 2.0?

Grey Cup here we come! (BC Lions)

Edited by Pekka Rinne

Tate out for the rest of the season with fractured forearm.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=409551

Buck Pierce 2.0?

Heard this from my Physiotherapist, GREAT news!

What a wimp though, with the size of his ego you'd think he would just tough it out.