The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

The Riders could make the crossover if Hamilton and Winnipeg continue to suck eggs.

I'm still pretty flustered from the loss.

I know it's still possible, especially since the West isn't as strong as last year; Edmonton doesn't have that #1 QB, Calgary is still waiting for tait, B.C hasn't played to their full potential (although last game was solid), East is not the strongest either, but I'd say it has improved (excluding the BB).

Edited by debluvscanucks
TMI

I'm still pretty flustered from the loss.

I know it's still possible, especially since the West isn't as strong as last year; Edmonton doesn't have that #1 QB, Calgary is still waiting for tait, B.C hasn't played to their full potential (although last game was solid), East is not the strongest either, but I'd say it has improved (excluding the BB).

All four teams in the West are going to make the playoffs at this rate. Hamilton's defence can't stop a nosebleed, and Winnipeg's offence has the potency of a hamster.

Edited by debluvscanucks

All four teams in the West are going to make the playoffs at this rate. Hamilton's defence can't stop a nosebleed, and Winnipeg's offence has the potency of a hamster.

Our offense is pretty bad, but it's the defense too (last year it bailed out a bad offense, now it can't due to the inexperience of some of the players), our special teams are decent though (usually have good games).

Great game from the Lions today. Pretty much everything that has been a problem the past few weeks were all ironed out today.

Great effort, now lets hope the fans start coming out a little more now that we're in the stretch drive of the season. Another sub-par crowd again today. :(

Extrememly disapointing, there were far less than the 29,734 that they posted. I was hoping for somewhere around 40,000 or so.

Tim Brown has really picked up his game the past couple of weeks here but then again it could just be that he likes playing against the Alouettes.

This week will be a good test to see if Brown can out duel Owens in the return game.

Also the Lions made a trade today by sending away Brandon Peguese to free up a roster spot for Elimimian. Guess that means he is coming back . :bigblush:

AFTER TWO FAILED NFL TRYOUTS, ELIMIMIAN RETURNS TO LIONS

After two failed NFL tryouts, import linebacker Solomon Elimimian returned to the B.C. Lions on Thursday and now enters the option year of his original agreement.

In keeping with CFL roster rules, the Lions now have five days to make a decision on the playing status of Elimimian, but he will not attend practice Friday at BC Place or be in uniform on Saturday.

"We're pleased to have Solomon back, but our immediate focus as a team right now is the game against the Toronto Argonauts," said Lions general manager Wally Buono. "We have asked Solomon to join us on the sidelines on Saturday."

Elimimian, who was a CFL All-Star last season with the Lions, was cut by the NFL's Cleveland Browns and Minnesota Vikings.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=405197

HUUUUUGE NEWS!!!!!

Nice to hear Solly back. I expect him to try out for the NFL again next season, but that's fine because right now repeating as Grey Cup champions is more important. Bighill has been doing a great job, so I don't see the Lions changing their defense that much, but it would be nice to see some rotations where both of them are out there at the same time. Solly will probably start out doing special teams at first. He probably needs to get use to the CFL pacing for the first little bit