The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Just gotta love these refs who seemingly have traveled all the way from Cochrane, Red Deer and Medicine Hat for the game.

Pretty sure one of them was from Airdrie, too....

Disappointing loss, but the fans in Winnipeg (and Heretic) have to be shaking their collective heads about taking a time count violation with the game on the line against the Ti-Cats.

Just a quick question...and I apologize if this has been answered already: If the standing were to remain roughly the same as now at season's end (1. CGY / 2. EDM / 3. SSK / 4. BC / 5. WPG / 6. HAM) would BC get the first week bye as the top team in the East?

Just a quick question...and I apologize if this has been answered already: If the standing were to remain roughly the same as now at season's end (1. CGY / 2. EDM / 3. SSK / 4. BC / 5. WPG / 6. HAM) would BC get the first week bye as the top team in the East?

Nope. They'd have the last eastern spot.

Unless the rule has changed... :unsure:

It's time for a coaching change. Khari just isn't getting it done and Benevides is getting out coached on a regular basis.

Glenn is useless 90% of the time and throwing Beck into the fire the way Benevides is doing it isn't going to work. Read in the paper that Harris is likely done for the season, if true, we're done.

Looks like a tonne of seats are sold for the Red Blacks game, hopefully The Lions will at least show up.

Harris and Lulay are out for the season, looks bad for us.

Harris, yes. Lulay, possibly, he hopes to be able to play again. I'd say it's the Lions just grasping at straws at this point.

Email I received from them earlier today:

The BC Lions Football Club announced this morning that quarterback Travis Lulay has elected to forego surgery and will continue to rehabilitate his right throwing shoulder.

Lulay suffered a shoulder dislocation on Friday, September 5 versus the Ottawa REDBLACKS in the game’s final moments and was subsequently placed on the club’s six-game injured list.

“I have considered all options with our team doctors, physiotherapists and training staff and at this point, I am very encouraged with my rehabilitation to date,” said Lulay. “Having been in this position last year, I am cautiously optimistic that I can return to action before the end of the regular season.”

Lulay suffered the initial dislocation last season on September 15th against the Montreal Alouettes, but returned to action in the final week of the regular season and was the Lions’ starting quarterback in the Western Semi-Final.

Following the 2013 season, Lulay elected to have surgery which was intended to increase the stability of his shoulder. The dislocation suffered in Ottawa this month put him on a similar rehabilitation timetable as the original injury last year.

“We believe Travis will be able to return to action in coming weeks,” said VP of football operations and GM Wally Buono. “At this time, he is set to come off the six-game injured list with two regular season games remaining on our schedule with a bye-week in mid-October also providing some additional recovery time.”

Also announced today was the release of defensive lineman Brandon Jordan. There were also four additions to the practice roster: WR Lavasier Tuinei, DB Brandon Jones, RB Bradley Randle and WR Derek Yachison.

Edited by Grapefruits

I believe in Glenn!! :D He has the experience and I dont believe he has been as terrible has everyone has said. His stats alone aren't even that bad. He may be older, but experience is on his side! Go Lions!

I tend to agree with you..it could be a lot worse with Beck in there.

I believe in Glenn!! :D He has the experience and I dont believe he has been as terrible has everyone has said. His stats alone aren't even that bad. He may be older, but experience is on his side! Go Lions!

I think that when a team is in a tough stretch, the fanbase tends to adopt a "sky is falling" attitude. In some ways, it's understandable, (Starting QB, #1 RB, #2 receiver all gone...) but Kevin Glenn has experience and that does count for something. Throughout his career, he's seen it all: losing streaks, injuries, rookie coaches...

IMO, Glenn has what it takes to win, but he can't do it on his own. The Leos have to get a positive contribution from the running game. Harris is out, so that means it's up to Logan to take the pressure off of KG's arm. If Logan can't go, it's up to Wally and Shivers to find someone who can.

Yesterday, a guy I'd never even heard of racked up 220 total yards against the Bombers. The guys are out there, you just have to find them and over his career Roy Shivers has been pretty good at doing just that.

The real key is going to be the O-line. If they can't open up holes for the RB or give the QB three steamboats, it won't matter if we have the second comings of Barry Sanders and Joe Montana in the backfield.

I think that when a team is in a tough stretch, the fanbase tends to adopt a "sky is falling" attitude. In some ways, it's understandable, (Starting QB, #1 RB, #2 receiver all gone...) but Kevin Glenn has experience and that does count for something. Throughout his career, he's seen it all: losing streaks, injuries, rookie coaches...

IMO, Glenn has what it takes to win, but he can't do it on his own. The Leos have to get a positive contribution from the running game. Harris is out, so that means it's up to Logan to take the pressure off of KG's arm. If Logan can't go, it's up to Wally and Shivers to find someone who can.

Yesterday, a guy I'd never even heard of racked up 220 total yards against the Bombers. The guys are out there, you just have to find them and over his career Roy Shivers has been pretty good at doing just that.

The real key is going to be the O-line. If they can't open up holes for the RB or give the QB three steamboats, it won't matter if we have the second comings of Barry Sanders and Joe Montana in the backfield.

Logan is out as well along with Brown..they brought in Antolin off the practice roster..this kid is the real deal...I think he will have a good game.

No big weapons on offence, only Arceneaux and Gore, Glenn is playing bad lately. No running game either.

Defence needs to basically keep this close and offence needs to find some way to put up points or either win the field position battle because our defence can't shutdown the Hamilton offence for a whole game basically. Hamilton is getting good field position since our offence is barely pushing up the field.