The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Lions just can't catch a break this season:

Lions deal with Bighill’s bad break quickly

Adam Bighill knew pretty quickly something was wrong with his left hand after Saturday’s disaster in Edmonton. Not much is usually good when you need a teammate to put on your socks for you after a game.

And by getting an x-ray Sunday and undergoing surgery today for the fracture in his left hand that was discovered, the Lions may well get the linebacker back in time to play the West Division semifinal.

That’s the hope anyways, and the way Bighill and Solomon Elimimian have played together this season that may represent their only chance to keep playing past the first round if there isn’t significant improvement off Saturday’s game.

Bighill said he knew something was up almost immediately when it appeared he put his body weight on the turf at Commonwealth Stadium and suffered the break. But at least the Lions got on the problem quickly.

Coach Mike Benevides suggested after the Edmonton game a couple of lineup changes are possible, including the return of Stefan Logan to the backfield. Alex Hoffman-Ellis, who had a promising training camp but buried behind two all-star linebackers, will likely getinto the lineup because of Bighill’s bad break and play behind Jamall Johnson for starters.

Benevides will attempt to get his team into a playoff footing, as he has done his previous two years, by going indoors for practices starting Wednesday. The final week of the season got a bit more interesting on several fronts Monday because of injuries. Jon Cornish and Maurice Price won’t play for Calgary Friday. Mike Reilly will sit for Edmonton Saturday in Saskatchewan, where Darian Durant could play a bit at quarterback, according to this report, if he can practice this week with Saskatchewan.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/11/03/lions-deal-with-bighills-bad-break-quickly/

Edited by Grapefruits

TD, Manny show!!! Glenn looked great that drive, hope he can play like that for the rest of the game.

Lalji was saying something about Marsh's injury than I think it was Cuthbert who said it might be his last game in BC Place. Does he have a career threatening injury or something?

Edit: Nevermind just read that it was personal issues. Can't release Marsh. Banks was terrible but Marsh is even worse, you gotta keep this guy till he retires, he's a beast.

Edited by Plum

TD, Manny show!!! Glenn looked great that drive, hope he can play like that for the rest of the game.

Lalji was saying something about Marsh's injury than I think it was Cuthbert who said it might be his last game in BC Place. Does he have a career threatening injury or something?

Marsh went to Oakland to "take care of some business" while he was injured. Team got pissed and suspended him for an additional game.

Not sure how this will blow over in the offseason but I sure hope it doesn't end this way.

2 possession game, hopefully we score here and stop them still alot of time to play.

They're kicking it, ugh, that doesn't do anything. Only 9 mins to play and it would still be a 2 possession game.

Edited by Plum

Playoffs are only a game per round so it isn't all that bad toward us since we're slumping into the playoffs and if we can just get groove back we can get some confidence and win.

Hoping Saskatchewan wins and Hamilton wins. I don't know whether I want Toronto or Hamilton but I'd rather prefer Hamilton just because they seem a bit weaker and Ray + Owens are some serious damage.

Coach B needs to be shown the door! He is clueless as a head coach. I'm starting to think he has something against Beck or Glenn has some incriminating pics of coach B is the shower.

knew the game was done when Glenn walked on to the field. Even with time last night Glenn couldn't hit the receivers most of the time.

Big time BS pass interference call in the end zone as well. That and the Glenn interception in the end zone sealed our fate.

East or West, it is gonna be a real rough road to the Grey Cup with Glenn we are as good as done.

Sitting through 5 losses at home this year was just painful. Its a shame. the Canucks loss last year was the Lions chance to gain some fans and they crapped the bed.

Edited by Grapefruits

Coach B needs to be shown the door! He is clueless as a head coach. I'm starting to think he has something against Beck or Glenn has some incriminating pics of coach B is the shower.

knew the game was done when Glenn walked on to the field. Even with time last night Glenn couldn't hit the receivers most of the time.

Big time BS pass interference call in the end zone as well. That and the Glenn interception in the end zone sealed our fate.

East or West, it is gonna be a real rough road to the Grey Cup with Glenn we are as good as done.

Sitting through 5 losses at home this year was just painful. Its a shame. the Canucks loss last year was the Lions chance to gain some fans and they crapped the bed.

Yeah I'm on the fence with Benevedes as well.. he's Wally's boy and had a ton of injuries this season but he hasn't particularly impressed me. If they flame out in the first round of the playoffs I could see him being let go. If Trestman gets canned in Chicago I hope Wally takes a run at him unless Benevedes somehow pulls off the cup this year.

I wonder if the Lions had broken the CFL record for penalties/yards in penalties in a season. Never have I seen such a huge lack of discipline from the Lions. I know the league is cracking the whip across the board but as for BC....this is absolutely ridiculous. Lack of discipline....coaching.

I wonder if the Lions had broken the CFL record for penalties/yards in penalties in a season. Never have I seen such a huge lack of discipline from the Lions. I know the league is cracking the whip across the board but as for BC....this is absolutely ridiculous. Lack of discipline....coaching.

Yeah, they gotta clean up the penalties, but some that have been called are ridiculous. The PI call against the Lions on the one Calgary TD was a joke as was the objectionable conduct? call after the Marsh interception. They've been getting burned with a lot of bogus no yards call as well that don't seem to get called against the other team.

The officiating around the entire CFL this year has been bush league. Hopefully something gets done about it in the off season.

• Upvote 1

Lions @ Montreal.

Well this is it. The start of the playoffs. Geez what a flip in the season. At the beginning Wally thought he'd put together a good team of veterans, with Lulay arguably the best in the league just healing up with another good vet QB holding the fort until his grand return, and Harris quickly establishing himself as a major force as the season went under way. The only bright light is the defense, and Elimimian. Hope Bighill's hand won't be a factor. The dynamic duo was awesome this year all things considered.

Go Lions Go!

• Upvote 1