The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Buf-Fla + Fla-Tor

I wanna hold onto the 1st and we should get something else than just Stafford for Luongo.

In mine we get rid of the log jam of wingers we have/are forming, Kassian gets a spot and we dont have Raymond, then we can trade Luongo to Florida to get some other nice pieces, maybe a center or just prospects/picks or whatever.

Booth and Stafford are pretty different from each other. Booth is a Power Forward who drives to the net and crashes the net. Stafford is more of a sniper who can be capable of making plays and can also score.

The thing is that Kesler will be out of the line up for the first two months and that is when we will need a guy like Stafford, Stafford can also be put up on the Sedin line too.

I'm not saying they're exactly the same, but is Stafford significantly different enough in style of play to make it worthwhile dealing for him when we have Booth on the other wing and Kesler in the center already shooting plenty for everyone? Is Stafford significantly different in style to be a better fit from anyone else we can play there, like Higgins or Kassian? Would he be worth the difference in cap hit we'd take on and the assets we'd lose to get him?

That's my take on it, not that I don't like Stafford, just that we're moving for similar players without regard for line chemistry. If we were still running with the helicopter line of Raymond and Samuelsson, I could see wanting to upgrade there for sure.

As far as the Fla/Tor deal, I don't see why Florida would want Lombardi. They aren't going to get a lot back for Theodore and they'd need to line up a replacement if the first deal doesn't happen at the same time, but they have centers and left wingers better than him. If anything, they'd want a right winger to replace Versteeg going by the first deal.

Archived