Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canucklax

(Help) Google Chrome muted

22 posts in this topic

Hey, so this started last night when I was trying to listen to music on youtube, but no sound would happen regardledd of the volume on youtube or my computer. I just reinstalled chrome and the problem persists. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Try opening your Volume Mixer on your computer's toolbar. Chrome should have it's own volume setting.

Try opening your Volume Mixer on your computer's toolbar. Chrome should have it's own volume setting.

Found this posted a couple weeks ago on the Adobe Forum:

Chrome provides it's own version of Flash Player. The underlying framework for this was recently changed which caused a few bugs to (re)appear, this sound issue in particular. Chrome has updated to a new version today which should fix this issue. Please go to Chrome's tool menu and select "About Google Chrome". Wait until the update is complete and then restart. You can verify that you are using the latest Flash Player for Chrome by going to the following URL and verifying that Flash is at 11.3.31.225.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Found this posted a couple weeks ago on the Adobe Forum:

Chrome provides it's own version of Flash Player. The underlying framework for this was recently changed which caused a few bugs to (re)appear, this sound issue in particular. Chrome has updated to a new version today which should fix this issue. Please go to Chrome's tool menu and select "About Google Chrome". Wait until the update is complete and then restart. You can verify that you are using the latest Flash Player for Chrome by going to the following URL and verifying that Flash is at 11.3.31.225.

http://www.adobe.com...re/flash/about/

well actually it says I have.227 installed, and won't let me download any updated version because "chrome does that for you" :rolleyes:

but it says for chrome it should be .265

well actually it says I have.227 installed, and won't let me download any updated version because "chrome does that for you" :rolleyes:

but it says for chrome it should be .265

Odd, I have .227 installed as well and have no problems with the volume.

Hm so its not that then. I looked around and some people say they have an extension of "chrome toolbox" and it mutes it, but I don't think I have that, or at least can't find it

Make sure the sound isn't muted on youtube

Make sure the sound isn't muted on youtube

Take out the speaker wire from the back of the computer and put it back in? Try a different browser?

- happened to me once, turned out I had a loose wire.

I have firefox also, but prefer chrome (technical issues notwithstanding)

1. In chrome go to chrome://plugins/

2. Expand detail button on the far right

2. Disable all versions of flash player except for 11.3.300.268

1. In chrome go to chrome://plugins/

2. Expand detail button on the far right

2. Disable all versions of flash player except for 11.3.300.268