The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is pat Kane gettable?

TACIC

I'd love to have Kane on the team, but I'd be nervous about trading Edler to do it. That leaves us with just 3 top 4 D, and without a guy like Weber to eat up 30 minutes a night, it makes our D look pretty weak.

The Kesler for Kane idea is pretty interesting, but it be worth it? (hypothetically, since I doubt it would happen in real life). I think it depends on Kesler's health an how much his injuries will affect him. If he were healthy I wouldn't do it, Kesler is too valuable to everything this team does and he's a more complete player.

Also I don't think Raymond and Malhotra add any value to the Canucks side, they are just spare parts at this point in time. The Canucks don't really have any expedandable assets of any value to trade, except Luongo, but his contract lowers his value to below Kane's level.

We lose two top 6 forwards. Our PK is bad enough and we don't need to lose our best penalty killing forward.

Essentially you're saying Hossa for Luongo and that's a massive overpayment considering the circumstances.

Seriously who would really want the little weasel. Talk about production? It has been going down over the last 3 seasons. Have you ever seen him go into the corner without looking over his shoulder and bailing if ANYONE is coming in behind him? For the money there are lots of other players I would love the Canucks to go after.

Nobody wants Ballard, not even your coach. His cap hit is terrible for his performance and there's not a GM out there that would ask for Ballard in a trade.

Raymond has potential, but his performance has dropped and the injury may scare GMs off, same for Manny.

Gillis is in a pickle with Luongo, every other GM knows Luongo has to be dealt so rush to make a move? Also, if there is a reduction in the cap without a salary rollback (or a small one) then Gillis will be happy just to lose Luongo's salary. For Lou's situation you can't look at it from just a hockey perspect, the business/cap aspect is much more prevalent. Realistically, look to the Campbell/Olesz trade for what you'll get for Lou and certainly don't expect to get get anything close to what Columbus got for Nash.

Archived