The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is pat Kane gettable?

TACIC

Honestly I don't know, I don't think there's a realistic deal that an happen between Chicago and Vancouver or Luongo. I love Lou and wouldn't mind him in Chicago but Gillis will want a lot in return and more than a lot from Chicago. Forget the Bolland for Lou rumours, they weren't true and I'd never do that deal. I just don't think Bowman will give Gillis what he wants, the Hawks aren't that desperate.

People can be misinformed or lied to. Bowman came out and directly said there were no trade talks involving Bolland.

If Bowman did offer Bolland for Luongo and Gillis didn't accept he should be fired on the spot. There's no way Gillis will receive a better offer than Bolland. Gillis is a smart GM, if that offer was there he would have taken it.

Exactly. The Canucks biggest void is lack of a legitimate 3rd line centre. Bolland is one of the best 3rd line centres and top shut down forwards in the league. He played a HUGE part in our 2010 Cup Championship playing on the PK, PP and even strength. Bolland shut down the Sedins and totally unraveled San Jose's top line.

If this offer was valid Gillis would have been able to fill the teams biggest void with a playoff proven winner who would be the best possible option for the 3rd line without losing a significant roster player Why didn't Gillis make the deal - because the offer was never presented to him.

People can be misinformed or lied to. Bowman came out and directly said there were no trade talks involving Bolland.

If Bowman did offer Bolland for Luongo and Gillis didn't accept he should be fired on the spot. There's no way Gillis will receive a better offer than Bolland. Gillis is a smart GM, if that offer was there he would have taken it.

Archived