The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks to begin extension talks with Edler

Players who have taken considerably less than their 'market value' to stay here:

Henrik

Daniel

Burrows

Kesler

Higgins

Hansen

Hamhuis

Bieksa

Garrison

Salo (last two years)

Luongo

Why are people so certain that Edler won't do the same? He's got the ideal situation - tons of $, very little pressure, plays on a contender, loved by one and all - those are things he won't have if he signs elsewhere for $6-7m. Apart from the money, of course!

Edler strikes me as being a team guy. He's not a leader, nor someone who wants attention. If he leaves, things get serious for him. He'll stay, at a reasonable price too.

Players who have taken considerably less than their 'market value' to stay here:

Henrik

Daniel

Burrows

Kesler

Higgins

Hansen

Hamhuis

Bieksa

Garrison

Salo (last two years)

Luongo

Why are people so certain that Edler won't do the same? He's got the ideal situation - tons of $, very little pressure, plays on a contender, loved by one and all - those are things he won't have if he signs elsewhere for $6-7m. Apart from the money, of course!

Edler strikes me as being a team guy. He's not a leader, nor someone who wants attention. If he leaves, things get serious for him. He'll stay, at a reasonable price too.

Not a surprise that many teams are locking up their soon to be UFA's or RFA's to long term contracts. Edler and Burrows are part of this group of players.

Players might be a bit worried not knowing what the new CBA will bring. This could be last chance to get a 5+ year contract.

Hopefully MG can get Edler signed to at least another 6+ years on top of his remaining 1 year.

Since it's such a fantastic measure of post quality, I'm amused by the fact you have only 6 more posts than me. I'm actually kind of surprised you guys don't know how useless hockeyyinsiderr is.

If you head on over to the Proposals forum, there's a stickied post regarding invalid sources that includes Hockeyyinsiderr. But I'm sure you knew that, given the all-knowing quality joining CDC before me apparently implies. :bigblush:

I know all about the invalid source list. That list states which sources can be used to start a new thread. Nowhere does it say u can't post stuff from invalid sources in a thread already started.

If HI tweets something related to a thread that already exists, and the tweet hasn't been posted yet, I will continue to post it. If you dont like HI you have the choice to skip to the next post. The whole idea of an "invalid" source list, I think is rediculous because unless the source is a GM, EVERYTHING that's out there is speculation. A rumor is simply that, just a rumor. Anyone can start a rumor. Rumors solely exist to get people talking. And that's exactly what we do here. We talk about rumors. But I do respect the rules of this message board and understand why it has a list of "invalid" sources. But again, if a rumor is started by a "credible" source and a topic is started based on that rumor, there is absolutely nothing wrong with posting another rumor in said thread.

Does it say in the forum rules that you shouldn't post about your ability to predict NHL trades by playing with your fecal matter?

I find posting a HI tweet in an existing thread that was started with a valid source to be acceptable. As far as I know this is not an issue with the mods either because I haven't seen them stop members from doing this.

I find your post regarding you playing with your feces unacceptable, gross and disgusting.

If you do have an issue with Soprano's post this is what "the rules" you so closely follow tell you to do,

REPORTING POSTS

If you see a post or thread violating the rules, please use the Report Post function, and let the moderators deal with it. Note that reporting a post does not give you the right to break rules in retaliation. Please do not post that you have reported someone else, as that will likely make the situation worse and could be considered trolling.

Do not be a mini-mod.Telling other users to stop trolling, flaming or baiting will probably not make the situation better. Spamming the rules and telling people you have reported them will be considered trolling. Report the post and leave the rest to the moderation team......................

Archived