#61 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

Lock up Lidstrom Jr.

It's a touch difficult to 'lock up' someone we don't have.

#62 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

7 years and between $35M and $45M

#63 Kanye West

Kanye West

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

Anywhere from 4-8 years is ideal.

He is worth 6.0m+ because he has all this potential still to realize and that's the scary thing. We all know he performed terribly in the playoffs, but so did the team as a whole minus Schneider.

Posted Image

Sig: Intoewsables

#64 AFrame14

AFrame14

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

Great news, I want Edler locked up long term. The longer the better, 7 years @ $5 to $6 mill per year.

Agreed!! Would love to see him sign a contract like that. 7 year 5.5 mil
NUCKS FOR THE CUP

#65 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

Let's get real here. Edler is a good defenseman who, despite not being a bonafide pp qb, can put up very good offensive numbers and can dish out big hits when needed, can play in all situations and usually makes sound decisions, with and without the puck. At this point he's a 2nd pairing defenseman and a complementary piece on the power play. And I'm not convinced he's going to take his game to the next level, though improvements in consistency are to be expected. Defensemen usually get better with experience. What he's not going to do is run the power play, put up 60 points a year on a regular basis, or anchor the top pairing, at least on a contending team.

He may get more, but I would say that 5.5 for 6 years is more than fair. His numbers are in part a product of playing on a good team, and even the Sedins' numbers have dipped without Ehrhoff. I think Enstrom would put up better numbers if he got to play with players like the Sedins, and Enstrom is a legit top pairing dman.

Edited by Buttock, 18 August 2012 - 06:45 PM.

#66 The Big Luongo

The Big Luongo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

:picard: Do you not know who Edler is?? If you want him traded just because of one bad playoffs, then you do not know very much about hockey.

Way too soft? Are you freaking kidding? Edler is our most PHYSICAL defenseman behind Bieksa.

Seriously, think before you post.

Why don't you think before you post buddy.You think Edler's only inconsistent play was last years playoffs hahaha i wish!! Wake up Edler has been a crap shoot all over the ice since he joined the canucks years ago!!
Edler gets all his points off the Sedins world class play and is usually lost all over the ice but makes the odd good pass and rare good hit and everyone thinks he's a Norris trophy candidate what a farce lolEdler physical hahaha??Here's a clue there's a way more to the game of physicality then the odd hit Edler throws then runs away scared. How about defending your teammates or your goalie when needed? Getting involved in front of our net at all? Not running away like a baby never showing any emotions? When does that softy Edler ever do any of that?I know NEVER!Hey wake up Edler is overrated and has always been horrible defensively not just last year against LA. Hell Edler's plus minus of 0 say's it all!When you play all your 5 on 5 ice time with the best players in the world the Sedins and their numbers are very good there's definitely something wrong any fool should be able to see that. Maybe you should think some more and watch closer buddy your missing alot.

#67 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,075 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

Why don't you think before you post buddy.You think Edler's only inconsistent play was last years playoffs hahaha i wish!! Wake up Edler has been a crap shoot all over the ice since he joined the canucks years ago!!
Edler gets all his points off the Sedins world class play and is usually lost all over the ice but makes the odd good pass and rare good hit and everyone thinks he's a Norris trophy candidate what a farce lolEdler physical hahaha??Here's a clue there's a way more to the game of physicality then the odd hit Edler throws then runs away scared. How about defending your teammates or your goalie when needed? Getting involved in front of our net at all? Not running away like a baby never showing any emotions? When does that softy Edler ever do any of that?I know NEVER!Hey wake up Edler is overrated and has always been horrible defensively not just last year against LA. Hell Edler's plus minus of 0 say's it all!When you play all your 5 on 5 ice time with the best players in the world the Sedins and their numbers are very good there's definitely something wrong any fool should be able to see that. Maybe you should think some more and watch closer buddy your missing alot.

lol. You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. Edler is soft and gets all his points from the Sedins? Lets prove that then

2006-07: 22 games, 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 points

2007-08: 75 games, 8 goals, 12 assists, 20 points

2008-09: 80 games, 10 goals, 27 assists, 37 points

2009 Playoffs: 10 games, 1 goal, 7 assists, 8 points

2009-10: 76 games, 5 goals, 37 assists, 42 points
2010 Playoffs: 12 games, 2 goals, 4 assists, 6 points

2010-11: 51 games, 8 goals, 25 assists, 33 points
2011 Playoffs: 25 games, 2 goals, 9 assists, 11 points

2011-12: 82 games, 11 goals, 38 assists, 49 points
2012 Playoffs: 5 games, 2 goals, 0 assists, 2 points

Career regular season points: 184 points in 386 games

As for the hits: (in order that have been recorded)

2009-10: 84
2010-11: 83
2011-12: 143

Blocks: (in order that have been recorded)

2009-10: 115
2010-11: 86
2011-12: 145

So yea, what about Edler being too soft and inconsistent? Class dismissed.

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 19 August 2012 - 02:19 PM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#68 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

I think 4 years at 4.6m per is good enough for Edler. He's shown potential to be an elite defenseman, but also have lapses that can be a big deal, so signing at 4 years is safe I think.

good luck with that ,Try more like the 5.5 mil a yr and it will be between 5-7 yrs.

He would easily get that on the open market and more
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#69 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

All this talk of $5m, $6m or $7m is nonsense. Remember when Jason Garrison was getting $6.5m on July 1st, yet signed for $2m less? Edler is a sensible guy, he knows that Hamhuis and Bieksa take the tough minutes so he looks better against easier forwards - he's signing for that magic $4.6m. I'd say 5/6 years length.

If Edler left on a $7m deal to ANYWHERE, there'd be huge pressure on him to:

- play against top lines
- put up 60pts
- be a leader

I dont think he's capable of doing those things. Love the guy though :)

5,6 or 7 mil a yr nonsense ?
Edler would have no problem fetching 6-7 mil a yr on a long term contract on the open market and as for pressure ,All i have to say is he plays in one of the most intense hockey markets in the NHL already so whats the difference other then a few more mil on your paycheck every yr in another city
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#70 EvoLu7ioN

EvoLu7ioN

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:17 PM

Edler is going to break out big time this year. He's the #1 point option on the PP now with Salo heading out, I'd like to see him out there for the full 2 minutes like a lot of other high end d-men. And with Garrison, that pairing is now able to log BIG minutes.

He's worth around 6M right now, but man, if he has a breakout season that number is going to skyrocket. Gillis should get this done ASAP.
Posted Image

#71 EvoLu7ioN

EvoLu7ioN

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:19 PM

Posted Image

#72 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

So inconsistent defensively it pisses me off.. Hopefully Garrison can be his Hamhuis

Posted Image

#73 CaNuCkSLoUiE23

CaNuCkSLoUiE23

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

Are all your posts bashing Edler?
Someone doesn't finish in the top 15 for Norris voting, and make the all-star team for nothing. Give your head a shake.

And saying that Edler soaks up points by playing with the twins? Burrows does the same thing but you don't see us complaining about it. (Not any hate towards Burrows)

Edited by CaNuCkSLoUiE23, 18 August 2012 - 11:57 PM.

#74 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:16 AM

People who think Edler will sign for 5 or less are trippin'

His open market salary would be close to 7

7 years 42M and that's WITH the hometown discount.

Sorry but Edler is isn't going to get paid $7 M a season. If the Canucks want a true 7 M/year defenceman, they can wait until the Predators trade Weber next summer.

There has not been any NTC or NMC signed in that contract yet.

Edler is worth 5.6 M. Tops.

He is good but has not achieved greatness yet. I say the Canucks sign him to 28 M over 5 years. Give him one more year to become the Norris contender he is tauted as. If he falls short, trade him for a Norris contender.

Edited by Canuck-a-nuck, 19 August 2012 - 12:22 AM.

Posted Image

#75 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:38 AM

and as for pressure ,All i have to say is he plays in one of the most intense hockey markets in the NHL already so whats the difference

The difference is that there is barely any focus on Edler. Luongo, the Sedins and Kesler soak up most of the scrutiny. If Edler signed for, say, Detroit on a $7m deal, the pressure and interest would be unlike anything he's ever experienced. Why give up a good thing?

#76 Sanj

Sanj

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

Sorry but Edler is isn't going to get paid $7 M a season. If the Canucks want a true 7 M/year defenceman, they can wait until the Predators trade Weber next summer.

There has not been any NTC or NMC signed in that contract yet.

Edler is worth 5.6 M. Tops.

He is good but has not achieved greatness yet. I say the Canucks sign him to 28 M over 5 years. Give him one more year to become the Norris contender he is tauted as. If he falls short, trade him for a Norris contender.

Except it'll take far more than what we are willing to pay to get Weber....no way possible that we land him now. None whatsoever so you can stop dreaming.

#77 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

Edler has no interest in re signing here for a reasonable amount. If so he would have done it long ago. Unless we overpay, the guy is doing exactly what Erhoff did before him.

Gillis needs to tell him to sign a contract or hammer his ass out of town. Ifs he is anywhere near as good as some here are claiming , he should bring at least 3 first rounders.

Its amazing how fantastic defensemen look being spoon fed second assists on our powerplay.
Posted Image

#78 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

Edler has no interest in re signing here for a reasonable amount. If so he would have done it long ago.

How so exactly?? I'd love to hear this and watch you show the rest of CDC who actually know a little how the CBA works, how ignorant your comments are

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

credit to CanucksHD for the avatar

#79 terrible.dee

terrible.dee

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

This is reality

#80 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

How so exactly?? I'd love to hear this and watch you show the rest of CDC who actually know a little how the CBA works, how ignorant your comments are

Your post makes no sense.
Posted Image

#81 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Your post makes no sense.

You said if Edler wanted to sign an extension at a reasonable amount, he would have done so LONG AGO.

Explain

Edit: added "at a reasonable amount" to properly reflect what your original post stated

Edited by Mr Soprano, 19 August 2012 - 10:45 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

#82 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:03 AM

You said if Edler wanted to sign an extension at a reasonable amount, he would have done so LONG AGO.

Explain

Edit: added "at a reasonable amount" to properly reflect what your original post stated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3lLYOGDsts

Edited by Mr Soprano, 19 August 2012 - 11:05 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

#83 Mike27

Mike27

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

Under the CBA, the earliest Edler and the Canucks could offer/sign an extension was July 1st, six weeks ago. Since it has been announced a few days ago that they are talking, it hardly seems like Edler is "holding out"
Trade Bieksa? Not even if it was a one for one deal for a guy like Ovechkin. And I am being serious. Linden53

#84 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

Under the CBA, the earliest Edler and the Canucks could offer/sign an extension was July 1st, six weeks ago. Since it has been announced a few days ago that they are talking, it hardly seems like Edler is "holding out"

Thank you :)

I hope Drybone read it.

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

#85 canucks411

canucks411

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

I like the fact you are bashing someone for not thinking before he posts, yet you make a statement that reads "what a farce Lol, physical hahaha"

Relax dude, I think your missing a lot as well....I dont recall Lidstrom being a goon in front of the net.

Edler is not as bad as you make him out to be, he's just been a bit inconsistent to say he is Norris worthy

Edited by canucks411, 19 August 2012 - 02:59 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks Ballard_4 for the sig!

#86 canucks10271999

canucks10271999

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

sign him

#87 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

8Years 5.2Per
Posted Image

#88 Ronning4center

Ronning4center

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

Great news, I want Edler locked up long term. The longer the better, 7 years @ $5 to $6 mill per year.

woa .....thats quite generous. I think his stats are pretty padded playing with the sedins....and he's by no means a top two D guy that can shut down opponents first lines....he proved that last year....he was awful.

#89 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

woa .....thats quite generous. I think his stats are pretty padded playing with the sedins....and he's by no means a top two D guy that can shut down opponents first lines....he proved that last year....he was awful.

Not at all. Edler would get upwards of $6 mill if he was UFA. Anything close to $5 million is a great deal and under $6 mill is reasonable for Edler. He had a couple of bad games in the playoffs, that does not make him awful.

#90 Castiel

Castiel

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

lol. You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. Edler is soft and gets all his points from the Sedins? Lets prove that then

2006-07: 22 games, 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 points

2007-08: 75 games, 8 goals, 12 assists, 20 points

2008-09: 80 games, 10 goals, 27 assists, 37 points

2009 Playoffs: 10 games, 1 goal, 7 assists, 8 points

2009-10: 76 games, 5 goals, 37 assists, 42 points
2010 Playoffs: 12 games, 2 goals, 4 assists, 6 points

2010-11: 51 games, 8 goals, 25 assists, 33 points
2011 Playoffs: 25 games, 2 goals, 9 assists, 11 points

2011-12: 82 games, 11 goals, 38 assists, 49 points
2012 Playoffs: 5 games, 2 goals, 0 assists, 2 points

Career regular season points: 184 points in 386 games

As for the hits: (in order that have been recorded)

2009-10: 84
2010-11: 83
2011-12: 143

Blocks: (in order that have been recorded)

2009-10: 115
2010-11: 86
2011-12: 145

So yea, what about Edler being too soft and inconsistent? Class dismissed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.