335 replies to this topic

#91 Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog

Formerly Castiel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Edler is 26 so imagine what he will be like in the next 2 years? 3 years? 4 years? he's got an Incredible amount of potential, lets not throw it away. Plus he plays with Garrison next year who also has potential. Stop b*tching and complaining, we have an outstanding top 4.

#92 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

UPDATE: #Canucks have an OFFICIAL offer ON THE TABLE for Edler: 5 years, $5.5M per year. Negotiations progressing well, expect deal soon.

Expand

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

credit to CanucksHD for the avatar

#93 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

Whoa, if that's true, I'd be extremely happy. Edler would get ridiculous money in the free agency market and $5.5mil is a steal of a deal for us to get him at. At the same time, it is a fair amount of money paid out to Edler - I think that would be a good deal for both sides.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#94 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

UPDATE: #Canucks have an OFFICIAL offer ON THE TABLE for Edler: 5 years, $5.5M per year. Negotiations progressing well, expect deal soon.
Expand

If those are the numbers for his next contract, then it would be wise to trade Ballard+good prospect+1st for good 2nd line player (Purcell) and sign Colaiacovo to a 4-year deal similar to Roman Polak's contract (4 years @ $11 million)

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#95 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,334 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

If those are the numbers for his next contract, then it would be wise to trade Ballard+good prospect+1st for good 2nd line player (Purcell) and sign Colaiacovo to a 4-year deal similar to Roman Polak's contract (4 years @ $11 million)

Hmm, Ballard, Rodin, 2013 2nd for Setoguchi? Maybe change the 2nd to a 2014 1st instead?

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 19 August 2012 - 05:39 PM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#96 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

Hmm, Ballard, Rodin, 2013 2nd for Setoguchi? Maybe change the 2nd to a 2014 1st instead?

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL you're joking right?

Huge overpayment for an inconsistent player like Setoguchi.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#97 Ronning4center

Ronning4center

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

Not at all. Edler would get upwards of $6 mill if he was UFA. Anything close to $5 million is a great deal and under $6 mill is reasonable for Edler. He had a couple of bad games in the playoffs, that does not make him awful.

I agree he could get more on the open market...so did ales hemski...doesnt mean we should pay that....it just seems we put him on this pedastal, play him 20 plus minutes a game and tell everyone he's awsome....he's just not that good. Furthermore id rather the money get spent on a higher quality guy....either through trade or free agency. We have one the highest payrolls on defence and the numbers say they are one of the least effective.

#98 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,334 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL you're joking right?

Huge overpayment for an inconsistent player like Setoguchi.

I said if they don't want the 2nd but want Ballard and Rodin, change the 2nd to a 1st. They would probably want the 1st since their top six without Setoguchi would look like

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Bouchard - Granlund - Brodziak

Still solid, but with Setoguchi Brodziak can be their 3rd line center.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#99 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

I said if they don't want the 2nd but want Ballard and Rodin, change the 2nd to a 1st. They would probably want the 1st since their top six without Setoguchi would look like

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Bouchard - Granlund - Brodziak

Still solid, but with Setoguchi Brodziak can be their 3rd line center.

Setoguchi sucks

Posted Image

#100 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

I agree he could get more on the open market...so did ales hemski...doesnt mean we should pay that....it just seems we put him on this pedastal, play him 20 plus minutes a game and tell everyone he's awsome....he's just not that good. Furthermore id rather the money get spent on a higher quality guy....either through trade or free agency. We have one the highest payrolls on defence and the numbers say they are one of the least effective.

I respectfully disagree with your assessment of Edler as a player.

#101 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

Expand

Did you just join CDC? HockeyyInsiderr is more full of crap than Eklund. I could read my turds in the toilet like tea leaves and make a more accurate prediction than him.

#102 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

Did you just join CDC? HockeyyInsiderr is more full of crap than Eklund. I could read my turds in the toilet like tea leaves and make a more accurate prediction than him.

Then why don't you

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

#103 Alchemy Time

Alchemy Time

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:58 PM

Did you just join CDC?  HockeyyInsiderr is more full of crap than Eklund.  I could read my turds in the toilet like tea leaves and make a more accurate prediction than him.

It's hilarious cause he has over 1500 more posts than you.
Posted Image

#104 JesseBlue

JesseBlue

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

i say give him the term and he'll lessen the cap hit...

for all the people who complain that he might cost too much, what would you do if some team decided to offer him the money through an offersheet?

#105 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:56 AM

Players who have taken considerably less than their 'market value' to stay here:

Henrik
Daniel
Burrows
Kesler
Higgins
Hansen
Hamhuis
Bieksa
Garrison
Salo (last two years)
Luongo

Why are people so certain that Edler won't do the same? He's got the ideal situation - tons of $, very little pressure, plays on a contender, loved by one and all - those are things he won't have if he signs elsewhere for $6-7m. Apart from the money, of course!

Edler strikes me as being a team guy. He's not a leader, nor someone who wants attention. If he leaves, things get serious for him. He'll stay, at a reasonable price too.

#106 greetingsfrombrazil

greetingsfrombrazil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:29 AM

Players who have taken considerably less than their 'market value' to stay here:

Henrik
Daniel
Burrows
Kesler
Higgins
Hansen
Hamhuis
Bieksa
Garrison
Salo (last two years)
Luongo

Why are people so certain that Edler won't do the same? He's got the ideal situation - tons of $, very little pressure, plays on a contender, loved by one and all - those are things he won't have if he signs elsewhere for $6-7m. Apart from the money, of course!

Edler strikes me as being a team guy. He's not a leader, nor someone who wants attention. If he leaves, things get serious for him. He'll stay, at a reasonable price too.

I agree, he's taking a comfortable role for him, he would have much more pressure on another team for the money he's going to make. I hope that in the next couple of seasons he hits his prime, I think he's capable of hitting 60 ~ 65 points in a season.

#107 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

He's proven a few times to be one of the more reliable sources online. He's a rumor blogger, nothing else.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#108 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

Then why don't you

I'm thinking he admitted that he does on a regular basis.
Posted Image

#109 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

According to the CBA (date joined), Soprano finished his 3 year ELC and just signed an extension as RFA.

You're just finishing the first year of your ELC.

Still a young grasshopper. No wonder you talk about playing with your feces thinking it's funny.

Edited by WHL rocks, 20 August 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#110 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

Not a surprise that many teams are locking up their soon to be UFA's or RFA's to long term contracts. Edler and Burrows are part of this group of players.

Players might be a bit worried not knowing what the new CBA will bring. This could be last chance to get a 5+ year contract.

Hopefully MG can get Edler signed to at least another 6+ years on top of his remaining 1 year.

Edited by WHL rocks, 20 August 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#111 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

sign him to an idendical contract to Garrison's (6 yrs, 27.6 mil with annual cap hit of $4.6 mil)
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#112 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

I am glad the Canucks have started to negotiate a new contract with Edler and Burrows. That will only make seven other roster players who are becoming UFA-- Malhotra, Raymond, Higgins, Lapierre, Ebbet, Volpatti, and Alberts.

#113 Grape

Grape

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

Although I want him signed, I definitely don't want a NTC with him, we have enough defence men with them.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  
Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

Don't Click!

#114 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

It's hilarious cause he has over 1500 more posts than you.

Since it's such a fantastic measure of post quality, I'm amused by the fact you have only 6 more posts than me. I'm actually kind of surprised you guys don't know how useless hockeyyinsiderr is.

According to the CBA (date joined), Soprano finished his 3 year ELC and just signed an extension as RFA.

You're just finishing the first year of your ELC.

Still a young grasshopper. No wonder you talk about playing with your feces thinking it's funny.

If you head on over to the Proposals forum, there's a stickied post regarding invalid sources that includes Hockeyyinsiderr. But I'm sure you knew that, given the all-knowing quality joining CDC before me apparently implies. :bigblush:

#115 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

Since it's such a fantastic measure of post quality, I'm amused by the fact you have only 6 more posts than me. I'm actually kind of surprised you guys don't know how useless hockeyyinsiderr is.

If you head on over to the Proposals forum, there's a stickied post regarding invalid sources that includes Hockeyyinsiderr. But I'm sure you knew that, given the all-knowing quality joining CDC before me apparently implies. :bigblush:

I know all about the invalid source list. That list states which sources can be used to start a new thread. Nowhere does it say u can't post stuff from invalid sources in a thread already started.

If HI tweets something related to a thread that already exists, and the tweet hasn't been posted yet, I will continue to post it. If you dont like HI you have the choice to skip to the next post. The whole idea of an "invalid" source list, I think is rediculous because unless the source is a GM, EVERYTHING that's out there is speculation. A rumor is simply that, just a rumor. Anyone can start a rumor. Rumors solely exist to get people talking. And that's exactly what we do here. We talk about rumors. But I do respect the rules of this message board and understand why it has a list of "invalid" sources. But again, if a rumor is started by a "credible" source and a topic is started based on that rumor, there is absolutely nothing wrong with posting another rumor in said thread.

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

#116 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

I know all about the invalid source list. That list states which sources can be used to start a new thread. Nowhere does it say u can't post stuff from invalid sources in a thread already started.

If HI tweets something related to a thread that already exists, and the tweet hasn't been posted yet, I will continue to post it. If you dont like HI you have the choice to skip to the next post. The whole idea of an "invalid" source list, I think is rediculous because unless the source is a GM, EVERYTHING that's out there is speculation. A rumor is simply that, just a rumor. Anyone can start a rumor. Rumors solely exist to get people talking. And that's exactly what we do here. We talk about rumors. But I do respect the rules of this message board and understand why it has a list of "invalid" sources. But again, if a rumor is started by a "credible" source and a topic is started based on that rumor, there is absolutely nothing wrong with posting another rumor in said thread.

Go to bed, HockeyyInsiderr.

#117 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

I've been called worse.

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

#118 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

If you don't agree with what I wrote, then tell me why. Was anything I wrote untrue?

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

#119 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

Does it say in the forum rules that you shouldn't post about your ability to predict NHL trades by playing with your fecal matter?

I find posting a HI tweet in an existing thread that was started with a valid source to be acceptable. As far as I know this is not an issue with the mods either because I haven't seen them stop members from doing this.

I find your post regarding you playing with your feces unacceptable, gross and disgusting.

If you do have an issue with Soprano's post this is what "the rules" you so closely follow tell you to do,

REPORTING POSTS

If you see a post or thread violating the rules, please use the Report Post function, and let the moderators deal with it. Note that reporting a post does not give you the right to break rules in retaliation. Please do not post that you have reported someone else, as that will likely make the situation worse and could be considered trolling.

Do not be a mini-mod.Telling other users to stop trolling, flaming or baiting will probably not make the situation better. Spamming the rules and telling people you have reported them will be considered trolling. Report the post and leave the rest to the moderation team......................

Edited by WHL rocks, 20 August 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#120 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

Does it say in the forum rules that you shouldn't post about your ability to predict NHL trades by playing with your fecal matter?

I find posting a HI tweet in an existing thread that was started with a valid source to be acceptable. As far as I know this is not an issue with the mods either because I haven't seen them stop members from doing this.

I find your post regarding you playing with your feces unacceptable, gross and disgusting.

If you do have an issue with Soprano's post this is what "the rules" you so closely follow tell you to do,

REPORTING POSTS

If you see a post or thread violating the rules, please use the Report Post function, and let the moderators deal with it. Note that reporting a post does not give you the right to break rules in retaliation. Please do not post that you have reported someone else, as that will likely make the situation worse and could be considered trolling.

Do not be a mini-mod.Telling other users to stop trolling, flaming or baiting will probably not make the situation better. Spamming the rules and telling people you have reported them will be considered trolling. Report the post and leave the rest to the moderation team......................

It's official. You have the sense of humour of a brick. So you got your knickers in a twist over some colourful language. Get over it. I could care less what your overly-delicate sensibilities feel with regard to a poo joke. As for your recommendations, how about taking your own advice? You just won't quit going on about my post which you seem to find so offensive, yet haven't reported it counter to your own advice. Report it and hush, or just leave it. As it stands you're just a hypocrite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.