The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks to begin extension talks with Edler

lol. You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. Edler is soft and gets all his points from the Sedins? Lets prove that then

2006-07: 22 games, 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 points

2007-08: 75 games, 8 goals, 12 assists, 20 points

2008-09: 80 games, 10 goals, 27 assists, 37 points

2009 Playoffs: 10 games, 1 goal, 7 assists, 8 points

2009-10: 76 games, 5 goals, 37 assists, 42 points

2010 Playoffs: 12 games, 2 goals, 4 assists, 6 points

2010-11: 51 games, 8 goals, 25 assists, 33 points

2011 Playoffs: 25 games, 2 goals, 9 assists, 11 points

2011-12: 82 games, 11 goals, 38 assists, 49 points

2012 Playoffs: 5 games, 2 goals, 0 assists, 2 points

Career regular season points: 184 points in 386 games

As for the hits: (in order that have been recorded)

2009-10: 84

2010-11: 83

2011-12: 143

Blocks: (in order that have been recorded)

2009-10: 115

2010-11: 86

2011-12: 145

So yea, what about Edler being too soft and inconsistent? Class dismissed.

Hey buddy good job at ignoring the fact that Edlers plus minus sucked yet he spends all his ice time with the Sedins which was my main point lol

Why don't you address why his plus minus sucks so bad?

Also will say it once again Edler has been basically horrible defensively since he became a canuck. It wasn't just last years playoffs that just when all the blind finally noticed because it slapped them in the face!

As far as all the points go i already know his numbers the point is all his points with the top power play and 5-5 with the Sedins and very few are do to his great offensive skills everyone seems to think he has. He has a cannon but never hits the net and occasionally makes a good point producing play but he's nothing special Bieksa would easily out point him given the same opportunity.Like i said he get's his hits in but other then that he's runs around scared that isn't the most physical in my books.

Edler is a way overrated and as far as i am concerned if we don't do what we should and trade him for a real all around defensemen he is going to continue to let the team down in the clutch and be a detriment to any playoff success we could have in the near future.

He is a weakness on a very strong team.Class dismissed lol

You better stop just looking at the stats and learn a little more by watching closer there's more to the game.

lol. Its amazing how you blame Edler for having a poor +/- and completley ignore that he was one point off of becoming a 50-point D man. The +/- is almost a useless stat as all its about is a player being in either the right place at the right time or the wrong place at the wrong time.

Take your head out of your arse and realise that Edler is a #1 D man playing in a #3 role. He is not a weakness at all on this team and without him our defense would be horrible.

Does it say in the forum rules that you shouldn't post about your ability to predict NHL trades by playing with your fecal matter?

I find posting a HI tweet in an existing thread that was started with a valid source to be acceptable. As far as I know this is not an issue with the mods either because I haven't seen them stop members from doing this.

I find your post regarding you playing with your feces unacceptable, gross and disgusting.

If you do have an issue with Soprano's post this is what "the rules" you so closely follow tell you to do,

REPORTING POSTS

If you see a post or thread violating the rules, please use the Report Post function, and let the moderators deal with it. Note that reporting a post does not give you the right to break rules in retaliation. Please do not post that you have reported someone else, as that will likely make the situation worse and could be considered trolling.

Do not be a mini-mod.Telling other users to stop trolling, flaming or baiting will probably not make the situation better. Spamming the rules and telling people you have reported them will be considered trolling. Report the post and leave the rest to the moderation team......................

Still no answer for Edlers lousy plus minus stats when all the other top minute canucks have great numbers??

No you don't because you don' t have a clue of all of Edlers bad habits that lead to all the goals against and cost the team just like his useless play that almost single handedly let the Kings beat us.

Seriously do you Edler lovers think that all those glaring lapses just happened these playoffs and werent happening before? Unfortunately Edlers futile defensive play has always have been happening sometimes just worse then others thats all and the plus minus say's it all.

The bottom line here and something blind love fans like yourself fail to see buddy is Edlers points totals are inflated by his great teammates and little to do with his own play but his very poor plus minus stats are lousy because of his own horrible defensive play.

#1 teams don't usually have top 4 defensemen with the bad plus minus stats and there's a reason and its because 5 on 5 they don't break even especially top offensive teams like the Canucks.

Edler should be traded if the management did what they should and if they keep him he shouldn't earn a penny more then our other top 4 defensemen until he shows he can actually defend and not make so many mistakes.

Edler is nowhere near as good is he is made out to be so its time you take your head out of your arse and watch both ends of the rink.

+/- is a stupid stat IMO, it also depends a lot on where you start your shift, for example, if you start in the neutral zone or offensive zone your +/- will be MUCH higher where as starting in the defensive zone.

Hey buddy good job at ignoring the fact that Edlers plus minus sucked yet he spends all his ice time with the Sedins which was my main point lol

Why don't you address why his plus minus sucks so bad?

Also will say it once again Edler has been basically horrible defensively since he became a canuck. It wasn't just last years playoffs that just when all the blind finally noticed because it slapped them in the face!

As far as all the points go i already know his numbers the point is all his points with the top power play and 5-5 with the Sedins and very few are do to his great offensive skills everyone seems to think he has. He has a cannon but never hits the net and occasionally makes a good point producing play but he's nothing special Bieksa would easily out point him given the same opportunity.Like i said he get's his hits in but other then that he's runs around scared that isn't the most physical in my books.

Edler is a way overrated and as far as i am concerned if we don't do what we should and trade him for a real all around defensemen he is going to continue to let the team down in the clutch and be a detriment to any playoff success we could have in the near future.

He is a weakness on a very strong team.Class dismissed lol

You better stop just looking at the stats and learn a little more by watching closer there's more to the game.

We need Edler on this team. There is no one who can feasibly replace him at this point. He has the most natural talent of anyone on our blueline. We'll be lucky if he's under 6 million.

If Gillis can get something like 5.5 million for 6 or 7 years its an absolute home run.

I can't believe how negitive this thread is. Edler is bad ass. He is still learning, and yes his defense could use some work. But I think it is pretty obvious he is being used for offense. His point numbers show that.

The Big Luongo. Stop writing essays about how Edler sucks and use something as stupid as plus minus to back it up. It is a bs stat and we all know this. You just sound like an asshole ranting about something you don't actually understand.

Archived