Best/weirdest NHL 12/NHL 13 trade

TACIC

To Vancouver:

Corey Perry

To Anaheim:

Keith Ballard

Manny Malhotra

Mason Raymond

Not as bad as some of these, but I unloaded all of my bad contracts at one time :D

To Carolina:

Derek Stepan

Sean Avery

Wade Redden

To New York (me):

Eric Staal

Jared Staal

I ended up getting Jordan Staal too (but I forget for what), so I had all 4 Staal's :D

To Edmonton (me):

Nathan Bealieu

Jared Tinordi

Brendan Gallagher

To Montreal:

4th round pick (two years from trade)

(Fantasy draft)

Offered by Boston at 2014 Deadline:

Boston gives up:

Cory Schnieder (92 overall B- C B-)

1st rounder (13th overall)

Vancouver(Me) gives up:

Marc Savard

3rd rounder

Schnieder goes on to win 5 Vezinas, 7 Jennings and 1 Conn Smythe in 8 year tenure with Van.

13th overall Turned into Taylor Burke, a right winger who maxed out at 89 and won a 2 Art Rosses, 2 Harts, 3 Ted Lindsays, 2 Rocket Richards, and 4 Conn Smythes playing right wing on a line with Seguin and Jensen. Still going strong in 2025. Savard retires 4 years after the trade.

I think I won this one.

If you're looking for A+ GM reputation with every team, offer your 7th round draft pick for theirs. They'll reject, but keep doing this with their next year's 7th rounder, continuing on and on, then once you're done that, go to your next years 7th rounder, and repeat all again. It's what I did and now I have A+ with every team! And you get something like 500 gm task points.

EDIT: Be careful not to offer the same trade twice, it will lower your GM rep

I've raped be a GM with cap on and highest difficulty...let's just say, I had 99 offense, defense, and goaltending....my worst starting forward was 82 overall, worst starting d was 83, and my goalies were 99 and 88...Price was 99 signed 7 years, $4.5 mill, and 88 was a free agent I signed with tons of potential when young who turned out to be gold...signed him when I got him 8 years, $1 million.

...loved this game, or at least be a GM...just dominated it so many times...goooood tiiiiimmmes B)

Archived