The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best/weirdest NHL 12/NHL 13 trade

TACIC

The funniest sh!t is when you trade a youngster who's got potential and is a good overall to a team, and when it's accepted, you come back and see they waive him cause they wanna send him to the minors...I just pick him up, trade them to the same team and repeat the cycle and literally rob a whole organization. Take away all their top youngsters and stars and trade them away too soon after...that has got to be the funniest thing when trading, and even better, it works on hard too :lol:

...also, I hate it when they want you to sweeten the pot, you add in a 1st and they say no...wtf?! ...I always end up getting my way though with some adjustments to make it work, even if it takes 5 whole minutes and pisses me off :)

I remember in Nhl 11 there was an exploit where I would trade my backup goalie for another back up and a 4th round pick, then trade the backup I had just acquired for the backup I had just traded straight up. After acquiring many,many 4th round picks, I packaged them and got like 8 first round picks out of it :lol:.

Offered to me at the deadline yesterday.

To Winnipeg (me):

Dustin Brown

Ruslan Fedotenko (meh)

To Los Angeles:

Andrew Ladd

Fair trade at the time. Ladd was coming off 2012-2013 season with 62 points, while Brown was coming off something like a 59 point season. With Kane taking over first line duty and Little and Wheeler crapping the bed on the top two lines, this was a terrific deal for me.

Ended up squeeking into the playoffs, only to lose game 7 of the finals to Detroit. Lidstrom was still playing at the age of 44.

Wow I was just offered these two trades at the draft

To NJD (me)

Andrew Ladd

Nick Antropov

For

Bryce Salvador (expriring contract too!)

Brian Rolston

6th round pick

Parise-Zajac-Kassian(87 overall now)

Clowe-Giroux-Voracek

Hartnell-Antropov-Hansen

Penner-Stewart-Ladd

Archived