The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler For Eriksson. Would you do it?

When it comes to general value this may be even but Edler is worth more to us at this point.

45~ point guy who can play both PK and PP logging 20+ mins a game, we can't just give someone like that up.

I love Eriksson, he's very underrated, but finding good D-men is a lot harder than finding good forwards.

You know guys , sometime i read your proposal and start dreaming about how Vancouver lineup would be so great after your proposal!

And then i often realize to my surprise, that i am touching myself and having a lot of pleasure.

Edler for Eriksson!! I can tell you it feel good man, think about it, touch youself, do you feel it too? WOW, it soooooo gooood.

Please dont stop! continue these proposal! Thank you man for the good time you procure me.

You know , sometime i read your proposal and start dreaming about how Vancouver lineup would be so great after your proposal!

And then i often realize to my surprise, that i am touching myself and having a lot of pleasure.

Edler for Eriksson!! I can tell you it feel good man, think about it, touch youself, do you feel it too? WOW, it soooooo gooood.

Please dont stop! continue these proposal! Thank you man for the good time you procure me.

I wouldn't do it, as much as I like Loui.

I would say that finding legit #2 defensemen are harder to find than finesse wingers, although Eriksseon is very good.

He's good for 70~ish points a season, with anywhere from 25-30 goals per season on average. He's the real deal, but I still don't think I'd make this trade.

Killing our D depth just for another scoring forward? I thought we had a logjam of scoring guys, and needed some third line grit.

Not comfortable with these D pairings:

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Ballard-Garrison

Tanev-???

Ballard, as much as I want to love him, has not played like a top 4, and to make Tanev the anchor of the third pairing is dangerous.

When it comes to general value this may be even but Edler is worth more to us at this point.

45~ point guy who can play both PK and PP logging 20+ mins a game, we can't just give someone like that up.

I love Eriksson, he's very underrated, but finding good D-men is a lot harder than finding good forwards.

perfect response! how many defenceman were chosen in the top 10 at this years draft? 8. 80% of the top 10 were defenceman. teams realize that defense is the most important part of the game. and that other than a bonified number one goalie a number one defenceman is the most valuable position.

Killing our D depth just for another scoring forward? I thought we had a logjam of scoring guys, and needed some third line grit.

Not comfortable with these D pairings:

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Ballard-Garrison

Tanev-???

Ballard, as much as I want to love him, has not played like a top 4, and to make Tanev the anchor of the third pairing is dangerous.

I'd probably do Edler+Raymond for Eriksson+Fistric. Eriksson would make our 2nd line a legit threat.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Eriksson - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Volpatti - Malhotra - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Garrison

Fistric - Tanev

Not bad.

I would do it in a heartbeat. Win now. We need:

- top 6 scoring

we have:

- Garrison and Ballard to take up Edler's offensive contributions

- a collection of D-men, namely Alberts, Connauton and Sauve, who can step up

- there are some decent 3rd pair D still in free agency

- trading Luongo could also get us our defensive cover

It's a yes from me.

Since Dallas traded James Neal and Matt Niskanen for Alex Goligoski I'd feel slightly unsatisfied with an Eriksson return straight up for Edler.  

I'd do a Alex Edler for Loui Eriksson and Patrick Nemeth/Ludvig Bystrom.

Archived