The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I hope there will be a lockout...

RAMBUTANS

If you hope there is a lockout then you should stop watching hockey and go follow another sport. A lockout will be terrible for the game, and very terrible for the Canucks, our window is closing and you want to take a year off?

A lock out last season might have worked out better for us. More time to rest after a gruling playoff run. I personally love hockey and want the season to start on time, but I agree with lof(poster) that a number of issues need to be sorted out between both parties. Just hope there is resolve sooner than later.

A lockout doesn't have to be an entire season, mpt. It could well be much shorter, although there is certainly no guarantee of this. What it does is it puts pressure on both sides to bargain collectively.

I'm not sure how a lockout would be terrible for the game. In my eyes, it would be good because it forces both sides to deal with issues that are hurting the game now like huge contracts, revenue sharing and cap floor.

:towel::canucks:

I agree with you. And, as much as I really don't want a lockout, I think that it would benefit us as it would give Kesler more time to recover and not be so far behind when he makes his return. Not to mention what you already said in that it would give everyone a chance to think and come to a collective agreement. Though, the NHL will probably get their way again.

Archived