11 replies to this topic

#1 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

The New Jersey Devils announced Tuesday they've signed forward Stefan Matteau, the club’s first choice (No. 29) in the 2012 NHL Draft, to an entry-level contract.

The Record reports the three-year deal pays an NHL salary of $842,500 per season for a total of $2,527,500.
"Stefan Matteau is a size and strength power forward who we consider to be one of our top prospects," Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said.
Matteau, 18, joins the Devils' organization after spending the past two seasons with the United States Development Program. Earlier this month, he attended USA Hockey's Under-20 Junior Evaluation Camp in Lake Placid, N.Y.

The 6-2, 215-pound forward skated in 46 games for the Under-18 squad in 2011-12, tallying 15 goals, 17 assists and a team-leading 166 penalty minutes. He played for Team USA's Under-17 team in 2010-11, notching seven goals, 11 assists and 65 penalty minutes.
Matteau was a member of the United States' championship squad at the 2011 Under-18 Vlad Dzurilla tournament in Slovakia, and of the silver medal-winning team at the 2011 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge.

He played for the 2009-10 Canadian National Champion Notre Dame Hounds (Sask.) and won a gold medal with Team USA at the 2010 Four Nations Cup.

Matteau is the son of former NHL wing Stéphane Matteau.

Edited by Pekka Rinne, 18 August 2012 - 09:24 AM.

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#2 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

stil find it funny that the Devils kept their first round pick this year.... they aren't gonna make it to the finals again next year!
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,008 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

I find it immensly ironic that the Devils drafted the son of the player who eliminated them in New Jersey in 1994 in Game 7 overtime :P

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#4 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

Sorry but I have to do it....

"Matteau, Matteau, Matteau,!!!!!!!!"

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

credit to CanucksHD for the avatar

#5 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,473 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

stil find it funny that the Devils kept their first round pick this year.... they aren't gonna make it to the finals again next year!

That was my thought as next years draft is deeper and they're likely to have a pick higher than 29th. Even if they did match (or improve on) their performance this year, they aren't gaining anything by keeping this year's pick.

Matteau looks to be a decent player for them though, I just wonder what better options they would have had next year.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#6 Jay86

Jay86

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

#7 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

Thank you. On my iPhone so couldn't post the video.

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

credit to CanucksHD for the avatar

#8 Prngr44

Prngr44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

Step on my toe!
I hate the Canucks so much they're my second favorite team.
Posted Image

#9 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

Gave me goosebumps to hear that again especially with the "one more hill to climb baby look out Vancouver"
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 dariusop2012

dariusop2012

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:01 PM

I will laugh so hard if NJD wins the draft lottery next year due to the lock out (assuming a couple of things)!

#11 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

You guys know New Jersey doesn't have to forfeit their next 1st rounder, right? They have/had the choice between 2012, '13, '14, and '15. They aren't likely to pick lower than 29th again but they definitely don't have to lose next year's pick.

#12 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,008 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

You guys know New Jersey doesn't have to forfeit their next 1st rounder, right? They have/had the choice between 2012, '13, '14, and '15. They aren't likely to pick lower than 29th again but they definitely don't have to lose next year's pick.

I'd say they'll forfeit their 2015 1st.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.