#1 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

Iran moves to legalize marriage for girls under 10 years old

When Saudi Arabia announced three months ago that girls as young as 10-years old would now be allowed to marry, Iran decided to drop the age limit even further.

Iranian Christian news service Mohabat News reports a member of the Iranian Parliament (Majiles) Mohammad Ali Isfenani, "we must regard 9 as being the appropriate age for a girl to have reached puberty and qualified to get married. To do otherwise would be to contradict and challenge Islamic Sharia law."

He argues,"Before the revolution girls under 16 were not allowed to marry. Parents determined to get around the law would often tamper with their daughter's birth certificate. Under the previous constitution, people were legally regarded as adults when they were 18. After the revolution the age at which children were regarded as going through puberty was lowered to 9 for girls and 15 for boys.
Mohabat News reports statistics that show over the past few weeks, over 75 female children under 10 were forced to marry much older men. And in nearly 4000 cases, both the bride and groom were under 14.
The Examiner says according to a news release from the Parliamentary Legal Affairs Committee, the current civil law, drafted before the revolution in the late 1970's regarding the legal age of marriage for girls under the age of ten, is considered "un-Islamic and illegal."
Majiles (Iranian Parliament) is now expected to vote on the proposal to bring civil law more in line with Sharia Law.
The Women's News Network reports that there are more than 10-million girls under the age of 18 married each year around the world, usually without their consent and to much older men.
Baroness Jenny Tonge, chair of a British parliamentary inquiry looking at the issue of child brides, tells the Women's News Network, "We decided to look into child marriage because some two, three years ago we did an investigation into maternal mortality." "We realised that one of the major causes of maternal death is early marriage, and (that) the girls are married so young that their bodies are simply not ready for child birth." She tells the story of one young girl, "she was an eight-year-old who was married to a 45 to 50-year-old in Yemen, arranged by his family – died three days later after the first intercourse from bleeding. When you hear the stories, it just makes you feel quite sick."
A report from the British inquiry is expected early this fall.

Read more: http://digitaljourna...17#ixzz23urOVVp

If it was good enough for the prophet, it's good enough for the followers.

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#2 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

Wow, thats just wrong..

#3 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

Disgusting
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#4 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

And the world as a whole progress' further towards Armageddon .. ain't religion wonderful?? .. :picard:
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

#5 Canuckerbird

Canuckerbird

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

And the world as a whole progress' further towards Armageddon .. ain't religion wonderful?? .. :picard:

I don't usually make comments regarding grammar or spelling, but I've just never seen anyone do what you just did with that apostrophe.

Edited by Canuckerbird, 18 August 2012 - 09:50 AM.

My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana. I said "No. But I do want a normal banana later, so...ya."- The Late Mitch Hedberg

Go Canucks GO

#6 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

Sickening. Children don't realize what marriage truly is at that age. They're obviously being forced into it.
Posted Image

#7 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,827 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

:picard:
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#8 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

You know you can't make it with your own age group when

#9 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

"Welcome to Iran

Where old enough to bleed is old enough to breed"

This is just beyond sickening. This is essentially legalizing pedophilia, and speaking as a human being and not just a detractor of religion on this, that's just ****ing wrong.
Posted Image

#10 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

fracked up.
Posted Image

#11 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

Anyone else looking forward to DarthNinja's post? :lol:

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#12 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,346 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

I feel so bad for those young girls. We are so lucky where we live.
Posted Image

#13 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

You just have to ask yourself how many old codgers with their 12 year old wives are going to "covet thy neighbors wife" .. sin is so delicious, to some .. B)
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

#14 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

Anyone else looking forward to DarthNinja's post? :lol:

"looking forward to" is not the phrase I was thinking of. :wacko:
Posted Image

#15 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

You just have to ask yourself how many old codgers with their 12 year old wives are going to "covet thy neighbors wife" .. sin is so delicious, to some .. B)

They'll visit schools to scout out talent.

#16 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,357 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:04 AM

This is just disgusting, I don't even understand how anybody could support something like this.
Anybody who can even somewhat justify this is sick as well, I don't care if your religion says it's okay, its bloody repulsive.
Posted Image

#17 Tru_Knyte

Tru_Knyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,355 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

This is just disgusting, I don't even understand how anybody could support something like this.
Anybody who can even somewhat justify this is sick as well, I don't care if your religion says it's okay, its bloody repulsive.

This is absolutely disgusting but unfortunately not really "new". Many radical Imams have condoned the act of assaulting young girls for many years. This is just legalizing what has been going on for generations.

For those blaming "religion", Sharia Law is about tribal customs not Islam. Islam is being used here to justify the actions of a sick and perverse group of that society. There are many Muslims in Canada and around the world that are trying to fight back against the high-jacking of their religion by Sharia Law or groups like Bin Laden's.

Unfortunately, as the world seems to be fragmenting into different camps, the perverts and radicals appear to be gaining the upper hand.

#19 JeremyW

JeremyW

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

As if doing so over 10 is okay...

Seriously, that is sick. I won't say the country is sick because I don't believe in generalizing such a large population - but I must admit I am tempted to. Really repulsive seeing a country move backwards in terms of humanity.

Edited by JeremyW, 18 August 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#20 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

This is absolutely disgusting but unfortunately not really "new". Many radical Imams have condoned the act of assaulting young girls for many years. This is just legalizing what has been going on for generations.

For those blaming "religion", Sharia Law is about tribal customs not Islam. Islam is being used here to justify the actions of a sick and perverse group of that society. There are many Muslims in Canada and around the world that are trying to fight back against the high-jacking of their religion by Sharia Law or groups like Bin Laden's.

Unfortunately, as the world seems to be fragmenting into different camps, the perverts and radicals appear to be gaining the upper hand.

Not that anyone's really blaming religion, but I disagree with this not being about Islam. Muhammad, at the age of 53, married Aisha...who was 9. If that's not being literal in terms of the Koran, you tell me what it is, exactly.

Edited by Slaytanic Wehrmacht, 18 August 2012 - 11:24 AM.

Posted Image

#21 smith80

smith80

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

Disgusting seems to be the most appropriate word to describe this, so I'll go with it, although there are far worse words floating around my brain right now.

And, since when have you ever heard (except in extreme cases) of a girl going through puberty at age 9? 9? Really? And boys go through puberty at 15? Although it was a long time ago for me, I can remember grades 5, 6, 7 etc, and I can tell you there really wasn't that much difference between when boys and girls go through puberty, certainly not 6 years difference...
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

Iran's version of the Wooderson character from Dazed and Confused

"That's the great thing about these grade-school chicks, man...I get older...they stay the same age....yes they do...yes they do."
Posted Image

#23 Super19

Super19

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

Is this true? Seriously. I remember there were a couple of fake news stories circulating a while back, one of them was saying Egyptian group rallying to allow Muslim men to sleep with their dead wives (again, was a fake news story).

Edited by Super19, 18 August 2012 - 11:44 AM.

Posted Image

#24 VICanucksfan5551

VICanucksfan5551

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,031 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

Not that anyone's really blaming religion, but I disagree with this not being about Islam. Muhammad, at the age of 53, married Aisha...who was 9. If that's not being literal in terms of the Koran, you tell me what it is, exactly.

Just some nitpicky corrections. Muhammad married Aisha when she was 6. It was at 9 that he first had sex with her. It's also not in the Quran, but the hadiths, books of sayings and actions of Muhammad, which are considered very important by most Muslims. Stuff like this shows how dangerous it can be to consider Muhammad a timeless example for all Muslims to follow.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#25 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

Just some nitpicky corrections. Muhammad married Aisha when she was 6. It was at 9 that he first had sex with her. It's also not in the Quran, but the hadiths, books of sayings and actions of Muhammad, which are considered very important by most Muslims. Stuff like this shows how dangerous it can be to consider Muhammad a timeless example for all Muslims to follow.

Corrections or not, that's still pedophilia, any way you slice it.
Posted Image

#26 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

Tribal custom. Was going on before Muhammad and since.

Disgusting no matter how you slice it!

#27 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

Pretty soon the Iranians will be complaining that they can't do that here and claiming some religious bs.

#28 VICanucksfan5551

VICanucksfan5551

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,031 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

Is this true? Seriously. I remember there were a couple of fake news stories circulating a while back, one of them was saying Egyptian group rallying to allow Muslim men to sleep with their dead wives (again, was a fake news story).

I'd kind of doubt a Christian news source in Iran, myself. Not exactly an impartial source.

Corrections or not, that's still pedophilia, any way you slice it.

I wasn't trying to contradict your point. That's why I said that the corrections were just nitpicks.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#29 JeremyW

JeremyW

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

UGH! I have lost all respect for those who praise Muhammad. Sorry. I just can't.

#30 Super19

Super19

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

This is a redundant question that there are dozens of explanations for. The truest I have heard - though not as fulfilling as some others - is that marriage was looked at differently in the society in which the Prophet (saws) lived. If you really want to understand, I think it helps to look at collective vs. Individualistic cultures. Individualistic societies (which ours largely is) tend to focus on individuality, allow for extreme levels of uniqueness and creativity, and allow people to tread their own paths. Hence, marriage becomes about love, lust, and all the rest. Collective societies, which most Islamic societies tended to be, focus on how the individual fit into the larger context of stability. Marriages tend to focus on stability and 'logic-seeming' compatibility. I would wonder at someone in a society like America who lusts after a 9 year old girl, but probably not at a tribal person in Yemen who wants to marry a young girl. The reasons for marriage are different.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.