The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Iran moves to legalize marriage for girls under 10 years old

Satan's Evil Twin

Don't mind him, he randomly has rage fits.

Iran are people of conscience, so I can't fathom how they can allow it to sink so low as to welcome this.

Provided it's a true story of course.. never know anymore with all the propaganda out there.

The abuse of fellow human beings has nothing to do with religion but more to do with the human condition. Atrocities and injustices have been perpetrated against the young , old, infirm, coloured, mentally challenged since the beginning of time. No-one holds the right to the moral high ground whether they are religious, atheist or something else.

It is the posters that are turning this into an anit-religion debate that are in fact trying to use this opportunity to promote their own religion (that of non-religious) at the expense of the victims in this case.

HItler, Stalin, Genghis Kahn, Caesar etc etc...none of these used religion as an excuse to commit the greatest atrocities known to mankind. Religion is an easy target and a convenient scapegoat. Much good is done in the name of religion and unfortunately, sometimes so is much bad. The same holds true for the non-religious of this world.

Where is the moral high ground in a generalized attack on any identifiable group of humans because of the actions of a few with similar background?

The abuse of fellow human beings has nothing to do with religion but more to do with the human condition. Atrocities and injustices have been perpetrated against the young , old, infirm, coloured, mentally challenged since the beginning of time. No-one holds the right to the moral high ground whether they are religious, atheist or something else.

It is the posters that are turning this into an anit-religion debate that are in fact trying to use this opportunity to promote their own religion (that of non-religious) at the expense of the victims in this case.

HItler, Stalin, Genghis Kahn, Caesar etc etc...none of these used religion as an excuse to commit the greatest atrocities known to mankind. Religion is an easy target and a convenient scapegoat. Much good is done in the name of religion and unfortunately, sometimes so is much bad. The same holds true for the non-religious of this world.

Where is the moral high ground in a generalized attack on any identifiable group of humans because of the actions of a few with similar background?

Have to disagree. That's just a cop out for the non-religious. Good and evil is in every human. The choice of which way to go has little to do with religion. Lots of "good" people do horrible things in certain circumstances.

This is just another case of pointing a finger at an identifiable group to make oneself feel superior. Pretty much what I said before.

Ok, dude...first of all...get your facts straight. Non-belief is not a religion. Got that? Second of all, if this is the type of "morality" your "religion" teaches...I am not impressed in the least...thirdly...this isn't an attack on religion...it's an attack on human decency...you go to bed with a nine year old, at any age...and you deserve to have your balls cut off. That's the bottom line.

1) Define "religion". How is a belief in no God, that much different than a belief "in God"? You follow a set pattern of beliefs and others, like you, follow the same. You espouse these beliefs in a similar manner to those who believe in God. You put forward an attitude of superiority over those who you deem religious because you say you are not. This makes you just like all other humans despite your belief you are different or special. Which really, is my point.

2) Never said I was religious. You chose to make that sssumption because it fits your belief system....if someone disagrees with you, they must be religious and threfore can be attacked as such.

3) Never said I supported this. In fact I condemned it. Again, you conveniently disregard that to push your own agenda. This is sick no matter the reason behind it. As I said, I believe the real reason has more to do with tribal laws and culture than religion. What better way for some radicals to get people to accept their teachings than to claim it is part of their religion.

4) Cutting somone's balls off for a sexual injustice sounds very Islamic/tribal to me (not that I totally disagree with you). Are you sure you aren't religious?

I'm actually a humanist. In fact, if anything in me can be called religious it's a boundless admiration of the Universe as far as our science can reveal it. You like to stick words in other people's mouths, which doesn't surprise me in the least. If you're comfortable in blissful ignorance, who am I to rain on your parade?

Archived