Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alex the Great

Canucks Owner To Buy Abbotsford Sports Entertainment?

207 posts in this topic

I think most saw this coming. This is long overdue.

This would be great! Then the Canucks prospects are just a short drive from Rogers Arena if they are called up instead of a 4 hr plane ride!

This would be a very good move for the Canucks.

Our prospects will have more travel than any other in the NHL, one of the leading factors that negatively impacts development. Not to mention getting thrown in the fish bowl early, which has been known to destroy player's development.

As an Abbotsford resident, on the other hand, it would certainly be great for me and my city.

Would they be able to complete the move in time for the 2012-13 season (ignoring the possibility of a lockout)?

If the Canucks bought the heat, it would be a great deal for both teams. Abbotsford's attendance would skyrocket. Only question is, would playing in the Fraser Valley put too much pressure on the prospects? If the deal gets done, I will definitely go to a game when I want some cheaper Canucks entertainment.

what a great move this would be. my parents are heat season ticket owners... if the team changed hands and affiliations, those would be so much more valuable to me :bigblush:

This would be a great move by Aquilini, that dude must have some serious cash. I don't know if the Flames are in support of having their farm team moved all the way out to Chicago. I'd make the treck for some heat games for sure.

Would they be able to complete the move in time for the 2012-13 season (ignoring the possibility of a lockout)?

hmmmmm would this hurt rogers arena attendance

- half the people at rogers arena are fair weather fans, eating sushi, drinking coffee and texting on the phone

i can see the fans in abby being loud beer drinking hockey crazed fans

it wont hurt attendance but it might just be a better crowd

This is great news for Canucks fans. Chicago is way too far and I kinda felt not as close to our prospects since they moved from the Peg. Weird but its true.

I would love to get a chance to go watch a few games a year to see our prospects in Abbotsford.

What would they call them?

I dont think they can remain as the Heat, with their name and colours being directly related to the Flames

Our prospects will have more travel than any other in the NHL, one of the leading factors that negatively impacts development. Not to mention getting thrown in the fish bowl early, which has been known to destroy player's development.

As an Abbotsford resident, on the other hand, it would certainly be great for me and my city.

This would be a great move. I know Canucks fans would fill the building in Abbotsford to see our future prospects.

About time.

Funny how a year ago everyone with the Heat was putting a brave face on it but money always talks loudest. No doubt in my mind that a Nuck farm team in the valley would rake in the dough.

No issue with it hurting the big club. Totally different crowd. Some diehards but most are there just to be seen. Canucks priced me out long time ago but I would check out the farmhands few times a year.

Hope this happens. I already go see some Heat games, but I would definitely feel more comfortable cheering for our own prospects!