The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Owner To Buy Abbotsford Sports Entertainment?

Alex the Great

pros

prospects close by

management able to keep watchful eye on development

prospects involved in more organization functions

prospect can start deep roots within the community- family / charity

fans are able to watch prospect more often

attendance and profits will rise for Heat Organization

get to live near a world class city

mild winters

cons

lots of travel for prospects

prospects in constant eye of fans and management

Vancouver media

CDC ..........lol

lots of rain

expensive city (vancouver)

add to the list if u can think of any

About time.

Funny how a year ago everyone with the Heat was putting a brave face on it but money always talks loudest. No doubt in my mind that a Nuck farm team in the valley would rake in the dough.

No issue with it hurting the big club. Totally different crowd. Some diehards but most are there just to be seen. Canucks priced me out long time ago but I would check out the farmhands few times a year.

The lockout wouldn't affect the AHL, though, would it? That'd mean Canucks fans would have hockey to watch with players they like to follow in the event of a lockout. So long as the whole organizations would swap (location, logos, affiliation, players, coaches, etc) they'd have sellouts every home game while the NHL twiddles it's thumbs

Great idea!! Hope it works out...from the first day I knew you couldnt get into a team where the people you cheer for end up playing for the flames????....as obvious as it looks SOMEONE missed the boat on that one

How is a 5 hour flight(max) taxing to a 18,19, 20, 21, 22 year old as a fill in? These kids would be on enough adrenaline to get through any fatigue, imo.

The pros outweight the cons for the team and the community.

This is the opposite of 'silly'.

I like this idea since I live in Abbey. I go to some Heat games, I love that the ticket prices are cheap and it's something to do. I worry if this would mean a jump in ticket prices because of supply/demand.

Would this mean an end to my favorite thing? $2 beer and $1 hot dog night? For under $40 you can have a pretty good night, including tickets.

As for travel, Chicago is a hub, but West Jet in Abbey flies direct to Calgary which is also a major route.

I can't see them being able to pull the trigger on this for this season tho. Too soon. They've really tried to get the Heat ingrained in this area and it would be too big of a change too soon.

Archived