The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Backup Plan - Signing Depth Players

shawn antoski

244 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They make a tiny, tiny difference. They will not win you anything. Stars decide the outcomes. This talk of 'depth' is for losers. We don't need an eight defenceman or a fifth 4th line player, we need players on our second line

I voted for Vandermeer and Jones. Both are good players and team guys.

However, I'm sick of our depth, you can only moneyball so much. This team needs more top end talent. Namely a second line winger that can pass the puck.

They make a tiny, tiny difference. They will not win you anything. Stars decide the outcomes. This talk of 'depth' is for losers. We don't need an eight defenceman or a fifth 4th line player, we need players on our second line

There's no point signing depth players who will have to clear waivers. We have enough depth players. A top six addition or nothing at this point.

Sedin/Sedin/Burrows

Raymond/Kesler/Booth

Higgins/Malhotra/Hansen

Weise/Lapierre/Volpatti

Ebbett/Pinizzotto

Hamhuis/Bieksa

Edler/Garrett

Ballard/Tanev

Alberts

Schneider/Luongo

There's a 23 man roster with Kassian playing in Chicago. There may be one or two tryout offers

in camp but I don't expect any more depth players signed before then. More likely our depth

will come from the Wolves at this point.

Archived