The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Megadeth's Dave Mustaine accuses Obama of staging shootings

Megadeth's Dave Mustaine: Obama staged Wisconsin and Colorado shootings

Dave Mustaine may be best known for fronting the thrash-metal band Megadeth, but he's lately implied an interest in a different kind of metal -- namely tinfoil, for folding into hats, out of an escalating and bizarre far-right paranoia.

The singer told an audience at a Singapore show last week that he believed President Obama secretly planned three recent shootings as a precedent to steal Americans' guns. "Back in my country, my president is trying to pass a gun ban," he said. "So he's staging all of these murders, like the Fast and Furious thing down at the border and Aurora, Colorado, all the people that were killed there. And now the beautiful people at the Sikh temple."

pixel.gif

The audience was reportedly perplexed by the rant, especially as Singapore wouldn't exactly be considered a five-star vacation destination by the NRA. The country has strict laws on gun ownership that are far more restrictive than America's.

Mustaine had previously come out as a full-fleged "birther" on libertarian conspiratory theorist Alex Jones' radio show, suggesting Obama's birth certificate is a fraud. He also praised then-candiate Rick Santorum in the Republican primary.

The rants don't seem to necessarily be hurting his band's popularity: Megadeth's latest, "Th1rt3en," topped the Billboard hard rock charts at its release last year.

He joins Ted Nugent among contemporary musicians openly trafficking in conspiracy theories. But then, maybe being kicked out of Metallica just before they got really famous will make you think the world's out to get you.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/aug/17/entertainment/la-et-ms-megadeth-dave-mustaine-obama-20120816

God damn, Dave...if I didn't think you'd lost your mind before this...I have no doubts in my mind anymore.

Lol sad thing is he ain't the first person to say this... And just cuz he sounds paranoid doesn't make him wrong. The smartest thing the American people have done thus far is hang on to their right to bare arms. Wish Canadians took that same stance.

Archived