The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

In response to the joke posted above: it's been said that "no one can achieve enlightenment." For enlightenment is the eradication of the "one" who seeks, who acts, who does. In order to see the face of God, as it were, one must cease to be that which can be called "one." So, there is no contradiction. This seeming joke is, in fact, the height of wisdom.

I say that religion CAN and WILL be proven by worldly sciences. Meditation and yoga are worldly sciences or equivalent, and that is real strong evidence that religious beliefs are based on concrete reality. If the divine isn't real, why does this stuff work? Our science is not advanced enough right now, but major advances are coming - quantum computing and the Planck telescope, things like that, next-gen particle accelerators, when the next golden age of physics comes round, which will be in the next 30 years, it will prove things that religious people have been claiming for thousands of years. Vedanta is reality, it can be proven and demonstrated experimentally, it makes real predictions that are falsifiable. Science imposes artificial limits on what we accept as "knowledge" and that's what has dragged this process out for so long, but the technology is finally within our reach to prove via science what humanity has known intuitively for millenia.

I say that religion CAN and WILL be proven by worldly sciences. Meditation and yoga are worldly sciences or equivalent, and that is real strong evidence that religious beliefs are based on concrete reality. If the divine isn't real, why does this stuff work? Our science is not advanced enough right now, but major advances are coming - quantum computing and the Planck telescope, things like that, next-gen particle accelerators, when the next golden age of physics comes round, which will be in the next 30 years, it will prove things that religious people have been claiming for thousands of years. Vedanta is reality, it can be proven and demonstrated experimentally, it makes real predictions that are falsifiable. Science imposes artificial limits on what we accept as "knowledge" and that's what has dragged this process out for so long, but the technology is finally within our reach to prove via science what humanity has known intuitively for millenia.

In response to the joke posted above: it's been said that "no one can achieve enlightenment." For enlightenment is the eradication of the "one" who seeks, who acts, who does. In order to see the face of God, as it were, one must cease to be that which can be called "one." So, there is no contradiction. This seeming joke is, in fact, the height of wisdom.

I spent 11 hours at the hospital last night visiting a sick relative and most of it was just sitting around a waiting room surrounded by an influenza social party...and the ones that weren't coughing their heads off were hounding me about religion and jesus and asking me what church I go to and telling me weirdly absurd things like "Oh, belief in god will cure your grandmother's dementia...she doesn't need to take her medication"...These people were very lucky I was baked out of my skull or I may have had to break my pacifism vow. It is UNBELIEVABLE how many people in my area and other surrounding areas believe in this faith healing BS and get this...actually have taken their SERIOUSLY ILL children OFF of medication that is supposed to help them in favor of the power of prayer...which does absolutely nothing. Reality check. Saying magic words about an ailing loved one does not compare in the SLIGHTEST to actual medical care...medical science. You religious wackaloons really really need to wake up and smell the roses. God is imaginary. When you get down on your knees and murmur to yourself late at night...NO ONE is listening...ok? Or hell...what do I care...go on and keep eschewing medication in favor of a worthless prayer...eventually there won't be very many of you left to deal with.

Archived