The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

No one should claim 100% certainty about anything without having undisputed evidence. Even Richard Dawkins, basically the pre-eminent Atheist in the world (in the sense that he's vocal and looked up to, kind of like Szander LeVay in the Church of Satan, but doesn't have a church to run) says that he cannot be 100% sure that there is no God, because no matter what it is nature to wonder. Evolution falls under the umbrella. I'm 99.9% sure that evolution is the right answer. That doesn't mean that if someone came up tomorrow and said 'I have found a lot of scientific evidence that might link development of species in another way' it should be judged on it's merits, not thrown to the side because it's a different theory.

There is NO other possibility. This subject is no longer at debate in academia.

I don't have to imagine....there's empirical evidence to point to evolution.

There is NOTHING with the breadth of proof of evolution.

You'd be a complete ignoramous to think there is another possibility

Can you read? I clearly said that I DO agree with the evidence in favour of evolution.

But do you really not understand the hypthetical situation I was getting at? Call it the god trump card, if the creation story is true, then all that evidence suggesting evolution becomes false, by virtue of it being part of creation. I don't think I can explain it any simpler than that...

No one should claim 100% certainty about anything without having undisputed evidence. Even Richard Dawkins, basically the pre-eminent Atheist in the world (in the sense that he's vocal and looked up to, kind of like Szander LeVay in the Church of Satan, but doesn't have a church to run) says that he cannot be 100% sure that there is no God, because no matter what it is nature to wonder. Evolution falls under the umbrella. I'm 99.9% sure that evolution is the right answer. That doesn't mean that if someone came up tomorrow and said 'I have found a lot of scientific evidence that might link development of species in another way' it should be judged on it's merits, not thrown to the side because it's a different theory.

I did. So, Scientific Theory is, as I knew, reliant on constant re-testing and examination to ensure the success of their theory? OH MAN I CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW YOU TALK DOWN TO ME AND SHOW HOW THAT WASN'T WHAT I SAID.

What I am talking about is just that - It's Scientific Theory. Until it's Scientific Fact, it's open for discussion, and re-testing. Again, there are currently prominent scientists who are trying to prove that Gravity doesn't exist as we imagine it to. Sounds ridiculous, right, because we've known since an Apple fell on Newton's head that Gravity is a thing. But here we are.

You don't have to agree with me, but don't talk to me like an ignorant piece of trash. It's cool though, the greatest Scientist who ever lived preaches keeping theories open to all avenues of though, but some little kid on a message board says NOPE GUYS EVERYTHING ELSE IS WRONG. lol. Grow up.

Good for him. I am 100% sure that you're a tool. So it's fact. I never said Dawkins didn't believe in Evolution, did I? I said he didn't say with an absolute certainty that he doesn't believe in God. My words are right there. Read them.

Here is what you said.

Again....I don't have to consider the 'if', which is what I said in response already. The rest of your though experiment is irrelevant to the facts. The fact is that there was not 'creation' that occurred 6000 years ago. The fact is that fossils weren't planted by some god.

Your thought experiment is meaningless next to what is already known. If you want to play 'what if's' go ahead.

What other 'theory' or conjecture has merit enough to stand up to the empirical evidence of evolution??

Go on, tell us what this other theory is then.

The evolution process is not something that you 'believe in'. It doesn't require your belief or non-belief for it to be a fact, much like gravity.

Archived