The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

To be honest, I'm not even going to pick one. If a dude shows up and starts making the Sun and Moon dance in the sky, and he says he's Xenu and we were all wrong and Scientology was, somehow, correct, I'm going to get behind the guy who is making the Sun and Moon dance in the sky.

Here is the fact: You do not believe in God had anything to do with evolution or the universe for that matter

Here is the unknown: How did you get to that conclusion.

Possible theories:

1) Factual ie: It's a fact God does not exist

2) Faith ie: because of such and such, I am of the opinion that God is probably not real

The answer is obviously #2.

You can't exactly disprove it but using logic would suggest there probably isn't a creator. There's at least no valid, sufficient evidence to suggest a creator therefore no real reason to believe in one. A certain caller on the Atheist Experience wanted to talk about intelligent design and said "Everything points to creation/intelligent design" and Matt responded with: ... "Like the fact I have one tube that I use for breathing and eating where I can choke and die rather easily. That's stupid design". A simple rebuttal and that's all that was necessary. And of course there is a video with Degrasse Tyson talking about intelligent design and he mentions some of the wonderful things about the human body like the ball and joint socket but he also mentions how we eat, drink and breathe through the same tube. He discusses all of the things of the Earth that can kill us and further elaborates about the vastness of the universe and the volume of which you can't live because it will kill you instantly. None of which points to intelligent design.

Ugh, that was painful to watch. Essentially what he said, was that no matter how much evidence there is, you have to ignore it if it contradicts the literal story of the Quran. How intellectually dishonest is that?

I certainly don't support Creationism and the idea of God, but it really doesn't surprise me that Creationism is the pre-eminent religious belief. Technically, we have a scientific creationism theory, The Big Bang. Technically. if you view God, not from the standpoint of any religion, but as the Creator who sets the laws that are constant, then the Universe itself and it's functions are God and those laws. The idea that something was created from basically nothing and that there is a force controlling not our will, be the world that we perceive around us is shockingly accurate, and the Universe is wonderful enough that I can understand how people would marvel at the idea that there it was sentient.

I don't have to take anything into consideration since i have no way of knowing whether you are only a terrible speller and a hypocrite on a phone or whether you're a terrible speller and a hypocrite on another electronic device. Perhaps you do know the difference, perhaps you don't. Recent communications would suggest you don't.

I'm not dodging your post, i'm dismissing it. Taking advice about not being a douche or perfection or being a baby from someone who can't spell properly, uses sarcasm unnecessarily, and chooses an expression such as "blah, blah, blah" isn't someone that I tend to take seriously enough to take advice from, let alone acknowledge asinine advice from.

Archived