The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

You don't understand - I don't care about what the likes of you think. I still care about posting my views when it suits me.

By the way, how's the new property? Housing lots of poor? Giving away your possessions? Living the life of Christ? No? :lol:

You said science can prove religion but it can't prove god. If science can prove religion then it can disprove it as well. The problem is whenever it does you get some hooey about how some parts of the bible should be taken literally and others shouldn't. What's next, you're going to tell me Noah's tale was a local flood.

Okay this works.

I can agree with you that if God is extraordinary, this universe is extraordinary. Normally, an Atheist would declare that our universe is ordinary - not special at all. (I would even go further and declare humanity is extraordinary too by your logic, since we do not find sentient life anywhere else in the universe).. Is humanity extraordinary to you?

Then my next question to you is, how do you embrace the origins and existence of this extraordinary universe? For an extraordinary universe to exist, it would require some sort of extraordinary explanation (according to you)?

As for evidences - I do have credible evidence. If your logic on our universe is extraordinary holds up, then this extraordinary universe itself is the biggest credible evidence that points to an extraordinary cause.

I asserted that religion does not equal God.

If that makes any sense to you, then you will see how fruitless this particular discussion discussion is.

How can science disprove the fact that people go to church? That service starts at 11:00am? That senior luncheon is at 1pm to follow and prayer meetings are Wednesday at 8pm? That's religion.

Really, that's what you think religion is? Webster disagrees.

The fact of the matter is science has disproved religion over and over and christianity has really taken a beating. The problem is you don't fight fair. Whenever a scientific theory disproves a particular part of a holy book we get a new interpretation and what was once a religious fact becomes metaphor. Evolution is a particularly sensitive subject when it comes to this and it has become one of the last bastians of chritian resistance. Many christians still outright deny evolution and even try to have creationism taught in a science class. Others accept evolution but bastardize it to suit their beliefs.

You have said yourself that you have your own version of evolution that fits within your religious beliefs but you refuse to share what that is and I think we all know why.

The truth of the matter is evolution completely disproves religion that is why so many are clinging to that 1% chance (rounded up) that it is wrong. Science has disproved religion but the religious are too stubborn/stupid/brainwashed to admit it. Evolution is the final nail in the coffin.

You're right in saying that religious people will try to change the meaning of parts of the Bible when it's disproven (at least some of them anyway). However I disagree with the last paragraph. There is no evidence to disprove a creator. What if God created evolution?

Is this last part true though? I'm not saying it isn't, but I'd like to know how a theory such as The Big Bang and the subsequent dispersal of elements etc. has been proven to be possible to exist without a "creator".*

*By creator I am in no way making reference to an omnipotent entity.

Archived