The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

Way to take something way out of context. You keep ignoring the question which makes me think you have no answer and are too proud to admit it. Prove me wrong.

And this isn't like the theory of evolution, which actually does have proof. The theory of the origin of life is actually just a theory, an idea, with no concrete evidence.

I'm not taking anything out of context. If the evidence for evolution needs to be 100% for you, then your assertion requires 100% evidence in being true, for me. And since it's not 100% then there must be another equally plausible option out there instead of the one you put forth.

I think that's pretty much smack dab in the middle of your previous context.

Prove me wrong.

If you assert there is a creator, then the onus is on you to bring evidence to that claim.....not mine to disprove your claim. All I am responsible for is to evaluate your evidence.

No evidence or proof for claim = no need for disproof of claim, till evidence put forth.

What's in the universe was never necessary for the existence of the universe. However, for the claim that a creator, outside the universe created the universe, that creator's existence is then necessary. The evidence that a creator wasn't needed for the universe to be created has been found. I await for your evidence that a creator exists, and that this creator was absolutely necessary in order for the universe to exist, based on some observation or evidence that you can point to.

Looks like the site is down.. this is the artice... I think I got all the **** bleeped out lol

Science & Health

Bill Nye Blasts Todd Akin, Challenges ‘***** Idiot’ to Debate

August 30th, 2012

nye-211x150.pngBill Nye may still be The Science Guy, but he's no longer Mr. Nice Guy.

During a live interview this morning with the Smithsonian Channel, the mild mannered science educator unloaded on U.S. Congressman Todd Akin, calling him "a **** idiot" for accusing Nye of personally provoking Hurricane Issac.

Last week Nye

to Youtube urging parents not to teach their children creationism. At a town hall campaign event yesterday, Akin used the video as an example of immoral behavior driving god to punish America through extreme weather.

Although reporters reached out to Nye for a statement yesterday, his first discussion of the matter came this morning at Smithsonian's Washington D.C. headquarters.

Nye Got a Feeling...

The 56 year old star of the long-running "Bill Nye The Science Guy" was in the studio to promote his new documentary series focusing on the neuroscience of childhood development.

After briefly discussing his show, the Smithsonian anchors asked Nye about Akin's recent accusation. The normally genial Nye wasted no time venting his rage about the comments:

"Look, these people they're **** retarded. Rape can't cause pregnancy? Breastmilk cures homosexuality? I caused a hurricane by challenging creationism? Who can possibly take these people seriously anymore?"

The slightly uncomfortable anchors then tried to change the subject, but Nye persisted:

"It used to be these Republicans didn't believe in global warming or evolution. That was bad enough. Now they don't even believe in egg + sperm = baby. Where does Todd Akin think babies come from? Does he think there are separate storks for people who were raped and people who weren't? "

"Hey look over there! It's the rape stork. It drops off all its babies directly at the orphanage."

"He's a **** idiot. Just a plain **** idiot. I'm sorry - I don't say that word very often - but it happens to fit in this case. He's just a ***** idiot."

nyetweetakin.png

A Decent Proposal

As the stunned anchors hurriedly tried to wind the conversation down and cut to commercial, Nye stared directly into the camera and issued a challenge to his new-found rival:

"So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna **** need it when I'm done whipping."

Nye apologized once more for his language before ripping off his microphone and walking off the set.

Representatives of the Smithsonian Channel say they have no comment on the incident.

Bill Nye could not be reached, but a since-deleted tweet on his Twiiter account posted shortly after the incident read:

"@ToddAkin Never enter the eye of Hurricane NYE!"

**UPDATE** : Readers have reported that The Bill Nye Meme has arrived.

There is no evidence for or against a creator. So why is it impossible for one to exist?

Even if evidence shows that we don't "need" a creator, that doesn't mean one doesn't exist. There are plenty of things in the universe that aren't "needed", yet they exist.

There's no evidence against a unicorn that created everything from having a giant orgy with sea horses and donkey's, and yet it's as plausible as a god appearing out of no where, or being eternal, and creating everything.

The only difference is god's been documented for a few thousand years, and no one's made up the giant sea horse donkey unicorn orgy story yet.

But if someone did, we'd be here talking about sea horses, unicorns, and donkey's all having a giant orgy, and creating what we have here today, and no one would contest it, because some jackass wrote about it thousands of years ago.

Just because there's no proof against it (even though the bible's constantly proven wrong, over and over and over and over and over and over and over again), doesn't mean it's true

If I told you I could fly, but only when no one watches, would you believe me?

There's no evidence against a unicorn that created everything from having a giant orgy with sea horses and donkey's, and yet it's as plausible as a god appearing out of no where, or being eternal, and creating everything.

The only difference is god's been documented for a few thousand years, and no one's made up the giant sea horse donkey unicorn orgy story yet.

But if someone did, we'd be here talking about sea horses, unicorns, and donkey's all having a giant orgy, and creating what we have here today, and no one would contest it, because some jackass wrote about it thousands of years ago.

Just because there's no proof against it (even though the bible's constantly proven wrong, over and over and over and over and over and over and over again), doesn't mean it's true

If I told you I could fly, but only when no one watches, would you believe me?

People began to believe in God because they had evidence at the time (or thought they did) to believe so. People claimed that God spoke to them. But if a unicorn spoke to them, then why wouldn't people believe it?

I see your point, though it doesn't disprove a creator, no matter how silly you can make it sound. My point in this thread has merely been to say that we don't have irrefutable evidence for any side. That is all.

Do you have a newsletter? I find your religion intriguing. I always had a hole that I now realize is the shape of a sea horse mounting a donkey while a unicorn watches. I'm already starting feel... whole-er.

Who do I make out the teething cheque to?

And the point that's been tried to be made to you, is that irrefutable evidence =/= 100%

Gravity for example, is irrefutable, even though we don't have a 100% understanding of it.

The evolutionary process as a mechanism in nature is irrefutable even though we don't have every single transitionary fossil or every single species ever to live on earth for every one of their generations.

Archived