The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

You are in a classroom.A beautiful girl opens the door.The teacher asks you to ask what she wants.You see her.You smell her.You touch her hand.She turns around and closes the door.You go back to your desk.Teacher asks - prove to me that a beautiful girl opened the door.

If you were on trial in a court setting, would you allow philosophy, history and anecdotal experience to be introduced as 'evidence'? I'm not even talking about a criminal law setting where the requirement for evidence is 'beyond a reasonable' type to judge and come to a decision with, i'm talking about the small claims court type of evidence, in the beginning, based on the 'balance of probabilities' type with which to reason and judge. as a rational, reasonable and logical person.

Produce even the latter type of evidence that demonstrates a probability that your God exists versus a probability that it doesn't.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. There are so many fallacious leaps of logic and illogical connections made in this post, that I don't even know where to begin, but if I did, i'd have to write paragraph upon paragraph to pick apart, identify, correct, explain and bring support for the explanation.

This is why Intro to Logic courses are so very important for freshman in college and universities.

Sorry, i assumed that you could figure it out using context. Guess it was illogical to assume that.

I find it convenient to claim atheism isn't a religion, but atheists can be spiritual. Although a religion can be both spiritual and atheist.

As for the other post by someone else regarding science... You do realize that agnosticism utilizes science just as much as atheism, right? If not moreso. Agnostics tend to have an open mind, whereas theists and atheists have closed minds. This is why many prominent scientists in our history are agnostic.

But i was referring to atheist 'spirituality' as being mumbo-jumbo nonsense; Connectivity with the universe, finding your inner you, connecting with nature, the earth, or the cosmos through a vague higher level, etc. through medidation or long thought, blah, blah, blah. Oh yeah, it's something, but it sure ain't God, right? Well, what is it? You don't know. Are you high? At least religion has the balls to but a label on it and call it God's doing, but I call it mumbo-jumbo nonsense until someone proves otherwise.

'So much better' than organized religion, but some labels on things you can't explain and 'no-God' atheism becomes Scientology.

I'm glad you brought up a court room setting because that's where the alleged is innocent until proven guilty.

What evidences do you have to prove that God is unreal? The evidences so far, and the current way of belief points to the fact that God does exist. You need proof beyond a reasonable doubt that God does not exist.

Show me authentic ancient scripture of this tea-pot orbiting jupiter being watched over a being made of spaghetti and meatballs.

Show me the wonders of this tea-pot orbiting jupiter being watched over a being made of spaghetti and meatballs.

Show me the implication of this tea-pot orbiting jupiter being watched over a being made of spaghetti and meatballs.

Show me the purpose of this tea-pot orbiting jupiter being watched over a being made of spaghetti and meatballs.

Show me a community of people who already believe in this tea-pot orbiting jupiter being watched over a being made of spaghetti and meatballs.

There's no credible evidence to this tea-pot orbiting jupiter being watched over a being made of spaghetti and meatballs.

God on the other hand, has many evidences.  You just continue to dodge it all.

At your convenience - one major evidence for God is the extremely fine tuned planet and galaxy we live in.  The kind of complexity that our earth and galaxy encompasses, for example the precise gravitational field that permits life to exist as well as to prevent matter from escaping?  For example the gravitational field from our perfect sized moon that gives perfect ocean currents that sustain life in our oceans?  For example, the perfect meteor belt that protects the earth from hundreds of killer meteors every year?  For example, the perfect distance from the Sun that permits life?  For example, the perfect tilt on our earth that accounts for the ever needed change of seasons?  Our planet and our galaxy is undeniably more advanced and complex than any software developed, any hardware engineered, any building constructed, and any book written. Everything is so extremely fine tuned that it points to an intelligent designer. Our extraordinary life permitting planet is credible evidence to a transcendent being known as God.

@TOMapleLaughs and all other people who think religion causes differences while atheism does not.

Religion may have obvious differences, but atheism also shares this character trait. Let me show you how... So atheists, what do you all hold true to be your value? Answer in your heart. Is it okay to kill for natural resources? Now all you atheist, do you think that all atheist share the same belief as you do? Is it possible that one atheist group or nation would could/would kill for natural resources? Is it morally wrong? Why or why not?

Context or not, your post's assertions were filled with fallacious leaps of logic. It's too bad that you don't recognize that.

What's convenient about correctly stating that 'non-belief in a supernatural deity' is not a religion?

One would assume that it's more convenient for you to claim 'Atheism' as a religion since you incorrectly have come to the conclusion without any logical support that it is like a religion.

A middle-aged woman had a heart attack and was taken to the hospital.

While on the operating table, she had a near death experience.

Seeing God, she asked "Is my time up?"

God said, "No, you have another 43 years, 2 months, and 8 days to live."

Upon recovery, the woman decided to stay in the hospital and have a

facelift, liposuction, and a tummy tuck. She even had someone come

in and change her hair color. Since she had so much more time to live,

she figured she might as well make the most of it.

After her last operation, she was released from the hospital. While

crossing the street on her way home, she was killed by an ambulance.

Arriving in front of God, she demanded, "I thought you said I had

another 40 years? Why didn't you pull me from out of the path

of the ambulance?"

God replied, "I didn't recognize you!"

What? Of course you don't need religion to make a difference. ;)

Atheists and theists are all of the human race, and humans have been bickering about things for eons.

It's just that religion has taken their differences to extremist levels. Perhaps (the religion of) atheism will take it to that level one day as well. Don't see that being outside the realm of possibility. But the here and now points the finger of violence to religion. In particular, the monotheistic ones. It's ironic that the people who have the most to fight about all believe in the same God.

What? Of course you don't need religion to make a difference. ;)

Atheists and theists are all of the human race, and humans have been bickering about things for eons.

It's just that religion has taken their differences to extremist levels. Perhaps (the religion of) atheism will take it to that level one day as well. Don't see that being outside the realm of possibility. But the here and now points the finger of violence to religion. In particular, the monotheistic ones. It's ironic that the people who have the most to fight about all believe in the same God.

Guest Gumballthechewy

You are in a classroom.A beautiful girl opens the door.The teacher asks you to ask what she wants.You see her.You smell her.You touch her hand.She turns around and closes the door.You go back to your desk.Teacher asks - prove to me that a beautiful girl opened the door.

No offense, but this is soooo pathetic arguing about God. Seems like none of you have anything better to do, and atheists just like stirring up arguments for no good reason, and it is even more pathetic when God-believers cave in and start interacting with them as if the atheists are going to change - there is a very high chance that they won't change their perception of God and as harsh as this may sound to some (No offense, just telling the truth), atheists are kinda like a rock; they won't change, yet they won't listen to anything at the same time, thus, it's like talking to a rock - nothing's gonna change.

....Just all of you, chill out.....

No offense, but this is soooo pathetic arguing about God. Seems like none of you have anything better to do, and atheists just like stirring up arguments for no good reason, and it is even more pathetic when God-believers cave in and start interacting with them as if the atheists are going to change - there is a very high chance that they won't change their perception of God and as harsh as this may sound to some (No offense, just telling the truth), atheists are kinda like a rock; they won't change, yet they won't listen to anything at the same time, thus, it's like talking to a rock - nothing's gonna change.

....Just all of you, chill out.....

Archived