The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

Okay, but saying that is in itself highly deceptive of what you're trying to convey. Earth is really good at supporting us. Yes. But the terminology you're using makes it seem like you're arguing that god made it extra-special just for us.

You have to be really careful with what you type because things can easily be misunderstood. Especially on an internet forum.

Okay, but saying that is in itself highly deceptive of what you're trying to convey. Earth is really good at supporting us. Yes. But the terminology you're using makes it seem like you're arguing that god made it extra-special just for us.

You have to be really careful with what you type because things can easily be misunderstood. Especially on an internet forum.

How come my dear fellow sir mate friend ?

Edit: Ah, sharpshooters leaves silently after throwing down a mysterious post that has intrigued the viewers to look into his deeply, detailed, post.

....just for your information, that post you just wrote, I think you should take that into account when talking about God and all this too..honestly though.

This is the best atheism has to offer? This child's play.

Our planet is fine-tuned for LIFE.

Species die and other species replace them. 99.9% of all species that ever existed have gone extinct how do you even make that claim when evolution produces more and more complex species? This argument is splitting hairs. Life exists on our planet, it is fine tuned for the ebb and flow of life. Name me one planet with life on it?

Do it, name me one planet with life on it.

Before the discovery of the big bang, there was less research altogether of origins of the universe. So there wasn't any dialogue in terms of fine-tuning or not. Evolution wasn't as talked about either. The entire discussion didn't exist. People had other evidences for belief in God, some of which is just plainly accepting truth presented by Scripture.

This most recent response of yours is almost parallel to a theist saying "dinosaurs didn't exist because the bible didn't mention them!" Sharpshooter, you're better than this.

Did you get any of the video presented? The explosion of the big bang and the closeness of expansion and contraction of the universe is extreeeeeeeeeeemely unimaginably close. It's like blasting something into the atmosphere and perfectly finding the escape velocity for perfect orbit. That's a universe fine tuned.

This is the best atheism has to offer? This is child's play.

Our planet is fine-tuned for LIFE.

Species die and other species replace them. 99.9% of all species that ever existed have gone extinct how do you even make that claim when evolution produces more and more complex species? This argument is splitting hairs. Life exists on our planet, it is fine tuned for the ebb and flow of life. Name me one planet with life on it? This world is not made for humans.

Do it, name me one planet with life on it.

http://www.msnbc.msn..._science-space/

So if they find concrete evidence of life on another planet what then? Life can form and survive in very harsh climates, the proof of that is in the the history of the earth. Ice ages and interglacial periods have been picking off species for as long as there has been life and will continue to do so. We are not immune to these climate changes. Technology will prolong our existence but it is an inevitability. This is the time for humans, It will come to an end. Finally the crab people will rule the earth. Hardly a fine tuned planet for humans.

That article just puts more weight on the fact that our planet is extraordinary and fine tuned.

The upshot is that scientists might not need to pin their hopes for alien lifeon a planet like Earth, whose circular orbit keeps it in the middle of the habitable zone all the time.

But we aren't. So my argument stands as our planet and galaxy is weight or a Creator while your argument banks on the condition of everyone's death.

Hmm.

Reading comprehension, how does that work? My argument stands on the grounds that we evolved the way we are due to the conditions in our universe causing us to follow a certain path. Your argument is "Earth can sustain life, MUST'VE BEEN JESUS!"

Archived