The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

Me - our planet sustains life

You - evolution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me - ?

Evolution does not refute the fact that our planet can sustain life. Because our planet can sustain life, it is considered fine tuned. Extraordinary. Unique. What does evolution have to do with it?

In fact the universe is approaching max entropy eventually so everything will die. In about a gazillion years though.

Though impending death does not refute God's existence or purpose. He is eternal and Christians preach about life after death anyways. It's such a sleight of hand for atheists to argue imminent death = disproves God.

Alright let's take you slowly through mental gymnastics.

This universe, galaxy, and planet is fine tuned in more than just one way. Our earth is perfect distance from the Sun. The previously mentioned article used the term "habitable zone". How do you evolve that?

Our planet has the perfect meteor belt surrounding us that protects us from hundreds of disaster meteors annually. How do you evolve that?

Our universe is not expanding or collapsing at life inhibiting rates, at which is more math than you can even fathom. How do you evolve that?

If we can seriously evolve from those things, then every planet should have life.

The fact that life is even permittable in this galaxy, in this universe alone is indication that it has been carefully fine tuned.

That article just puts more weight on the fact that our planet is extraordinary and fine tuned.

The upshot is that scientists might not need to pin their hopes for alien lifeon a planet like Earth, whose circular orbit keeps it in the middle of the habitable zone all the time.

But we aren't. So my argument stands as our planet and galaxy is fine tuned while your argument banks on the condition of everyone's death.

Need I say more?

Way to ignore the bulk of that one. The world's climate is forever changing and it will determine the length of our existence. God doesn't appear to be stopping it on our behalf.

Are you going to answer my question about Noah or is that Evangelical cryptonite?

The universe is approaching max entropy in which the universe will die.

This does not refute God.

I don't know what you're logical premise is.

Perhaps its "why would a loving God create something that will die?" If so, then physical creation itself is not meant to be eternal, only God is. The other only thing that is eternal is the soul.. life after death. Something you folks probably wish not to talk about.

Sorry, but that's not the topic of discussion at the moment, this is:

...if anyone can answer each paragraph/question listed in that quote with a reasonable answer, I will say atheists are the supreme beings from us religious fools. Don't want some bs links, 2 page answers, just something reasonable. Challenge is on the table - we're in the drivers seat at the moment and cruising this topic of discussion.

Archived