The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

Atheism wasn't ever supposed to take that step. To actually set up a church in order to mock it? That's not mere peaceful non-belief. That's an aggressive, 'we're better than you' approach that is shared by most organized religions. This thread is proof that atheist activism is on the rise. That activism will only grow until atheism gets official religion status. Or the equivalent 'we're not a religion, but we want the same status, even though we're actually a religion' status that they'll want to cling to.

In any case i've seen many a sermon by an atheist preacher to indicate to me that atheism is so close to a religion that they might as well come out and admit it. But that'll never happen. It'll be like admitting there's a God to them. Both are no-no's in their belief system.

TML, can you honestly not see it for what it is? For those particular Atheists it's merely a comical "get them at their own game" gambit. It's mockery.

Do you think all Atheists are actually gathering around a floating, candled mass of spaghetti? And if you do actually find some group doing that, do you think they're actually AT ALL serious?

It'll be difficult to prove that God doesn't exist when you can't even prove that atheism isn't a religion, that's for sure.

'Here's evidence of organized religious activity done in the name of atheism.'

'Oh, but that's satirical.'

'Oh, so i guess you saying there's no God, that was total bullsht too?'

'No. But it's up to you to prove to me that there's a God anyway.'

'Okay. I'll do that when your brethren stop acting like silly little children.'

Atheism wasn't ever supposed to take that step. To actually set up a church in order to mock it? That's not mere peaceful non-belief. That's an aggressive, 'we're better than you' approach that is shared by most organized religions. This thread is proof that atheist activism is on the rise. That activism will only grow until atheism gets official religion status. Or the equivalent 'we're not a religion, but we want the same status, even though we're actually a religion' status that they'll want to cling to.

In any case i've seen many a sermon by an atheist preacher to indicate to me that atheism is so close to a religion that they might as well come out and admit it. But that'll never happen. It'll be like admitting there's a God to them. Both are no-no's in their belief system.

Archived