The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

Again turning the other cheek to the history of your all loving Christians. No where in the history of the religion ,you are proud of, does the sane person get all loving. The Bible is full of hate and for a sane person to say it's all about "love" is beyond stupid. Christians always come back with the same "bull" it all a matter on how you interpet the sayings.

The saddest thing about your reponse is you had none you simple want to ignore the suffering your religion has caused. I know there are many terrible things that have been done by others, but none claim like christians that they are "all loving".

If you want to be proud of calling yourself a Christian and be apart of an evil history of murder, rape and deceit, that still goes on today, then I feel sorry for you and all that follow. The history and facts are there for all to see, there is nothing to be proud of in calling yourself christian with its lies.

People do not hate Christians they hate the lies and then the response of Christians to defend those lies when the lies are facts staring them straight in the face. There is nothing more disrespectful and infuriating than a lie, having proof of the lie, and someone defending that lie.

:picard:

Again - no where did I ever say that everything ever done or had to do with Christianity was always all loving.

What I said was - there have been more hateful things done by those that weren't Christian/religious.

The Bible is full of love and for any person to say it's all about "hate" is just wrong.

The re-labelling of certain atheists to antitheists may allow atheism is a religion to flourish. If positive atheist ideals are at the center of that religion, then there shouldn't be room for antitheism in it. I can't imagine a church where snarky people gather together merely to make fun of theism. (That's what the internet is for.)

I would predict that antitheists would attack practicing atheists as well, despite common ideals, because antitheists are negative, cranky people that can't let things just be. Antitheistic and theistic fundamentalism are pretty similar in this regard in that they both attract the same type of person.

Passive atheism on the other hand, doesn't require theists to be converted. Just like non-aggressive theists don't insist on others to be converted as well. It's these non-aggressive ideals that will ultimately lead us to a greater understanding of the universe. Theists and antitheists butting heads with each other about unproveable aspects of belief has ultimately resulted in zero progress.

The re-labelling of certain atheists to antitheists may allow atheism is a religion to flourish. If positive atheist ideals are at the center of that religion, then there shouldn't be room for antitheism in it. I can't imagine a church where snarky people gather together merely to make fun of theism. (That's what the internet is for.)

I would predict that antitheists would attack practicing atheists as well, despite common ideals, because antitheists are negative, cranky people that can't let things just be. Antitheistic and theistic fundamentalism are pretty similar in this regard in that they both attract the same type of person.

Passive atheism on the other hand, doesn't require theists to be converted. Just like non-aggressive theists don't insist on others to be converted as well. It's these non-aggressive ideals that will ultimately lead us to a greater understanding of the universe. Theists and antitheists butting heads with each other about unproveable aspects of belief has ultimately resulted in zero progress.

Have you ever actually read the bloody thing?

And before your "Yes I have, how about you?" response: Yes, I have.

Which leads me to conclude that we either have grossly differing definitions of "love", or your literary analysis is severely limited.

Heretic, I feel like you're letting yourself get pushed into a corner here out of pure defensiveness. You seem more reasonable than a few of your posts would suggest. I really do not want to put you on the same level as dajusta, I think deep down you're a lot smarter than that. Don't get goaded into spewing silly extremist rhetoric.

They don't hate us, they just hate their lives

And desperate people, learn to despise

The suicidals, don't want a coup

They don't wanna blow up

They just want their 72

72 virgins can never stop a war

But 100, 000 hookers can beat the Marine Core

And stopping hatred, fighting will cease

When everyone is getting blowjobs

That's when we'll finally have world peace

[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty....ers]

How many million men, have been killed in foreign wars?

We need to reinstate the draft, enlist a million whores

Start with sororities, and all the spring breaks

Ship the girls gone wild to Afghanistan

They'll gladly blow the Sheiks

These holy wars aren't holy

It's not the military complex

Terrorist are 16 year old kids

Who were promised Jihad sex

Maybe, if they could see a woman's face

They might not get on to that plane

With a bomb in their suitcase

72 virgins can never stop a war

But 100, 000 hookers can beat the Marine Core

And stopping violence, fighting will cease

When everyone is getting blowjobs

That's when we'll finally have world peace

mike burkett

Nope, that talks about Leviathan (Sea Creatures) and Behemoth (Hippopotamus)

A quote from your link :

So, its a sea monster AND a land creature? :picard:

The bible does not specifically mention Dinosaurs, only the above that is so vague its not funny.

Dragon's never existed. :lol:

So, non-Christians hating more than the hatred coming from Christians = Christians win??? :huh:

The Bible is full of many things. There's no doubt about that. There's plenty of love and hate and wisdom and foolishness alike. The one thing that the Bible is full of, as are many divine or holy books, is a bunch of nonsense....aka bulls$%^. Sometimes you just have to wade through it up to your chin, to get to something nice.

Have you ever actually read the bloody thing?

And before your "Yes I have, how about you?" response: Yes, I have.

Which leads me to conclude that we either have grossly differing definitions of "love", or your literary analysis is severely limited.

Heretic, I feel like you're letting yourself get pushed into a corner here out of pure defensiveness. You seem more reasonable than a few of your posts would suggest. I really do not want to put you on the same level as dajusta, I think deep down you're a lot smarter than that. Don't get goaded into spewing silly extremist rhetoric.

What's in the Bible?

Well, there's history, there's moral teachings...

What hate are you referring to?

Man fell - the world is full of sin - so the world is full of hate.

Some of it is told about in the Bible.

Does that mean the Bible is full of hate - that is - a book to teach how to be hateful? No - it teaches us what our ancestors did and what we shouldn't be doing today.

What's in the Bible?

Well, there's history, there's moral teachings...

What hate are you referring to?

Man fell - the world is full of sin - so the world is full of hate.

Some of it is told about in the Bible.

Does that mean the Bible is full of hate - that is - a book to teach how to be hateful? No - it teaches us what our ancestors did and what we shouldn't be doing today.

Archived