The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

What is with all the insults? You can't argue a point like a mature person? You might disagree with something, fine but don't insult people and call them idiots. Just make your point to answer their questions, no need for the extra crap added in at the end. This is why CDC has a crap reputation. No one can discuss something without getting insulted.

I could care less if you or anybody else becomes an Atheist. I think it's a tad foolish and un-evolved to believe in fairy tales but so long as they do, what I would prefer, is that they keep them to their damn selves. Keep them out of our education system, government or anything else that negatively effects the general public.

You can believe whatever backwards, demented, fantasy you like but if you want the right to impact other people you MUST be able to provide ACTUAL EVIDENCE that supports your crackpot horse manure before inflicting it on the public as some sort of "truth".

Don't start fires if you can't take the heat. You know, sorta like you're doing now by replying to a post that wasn't directed at you.

Nevlanch responded for himself, very capably.

If you're still smarting from the previous smack I gave you, perhaps you should go cry in the corner for a bit and come back when your bottom is less sore.

I'll say it again, if you come into a discussion behaving like an ignoramous, don't be surprised if you're called out as being an ignoramous.

You can continue down this tangent if you'd like.

Oh..am sure you never criticize my post when it is directed at someone else but when I criticize your post, its "don't start fires if you can't take the heat". I don't care who your post is directed at but calling people "ignoramous" takes away the credibility of your post.

But..."You can continue down this tangent if you'd like."

You'd probably get through to more people if you weren't such a dick my friend haha.

In anycase I would say your problem is trying to put words in my mouth. My only point is that both groups share similarities. They tend to group by like minded associations and common beliefs (and by beliefs I don't mean a belief in God, I mean naturalism, materialism, secularism, humanism etc).

I never said it made them the same thing, though regardless of whether one believes, lacks a belief, or does not believe they have made a stand with regards to the supernatural.

Again I never was claiming atheism and theism were the same. I never was even talking about atheism and religion (as concepts, I was talking about associations where atheism and theism are a common belief trait within). (There is a difference between atheism, theism, deism and religions...as I've said many times).

You can say I'm making a complete logic fail some more if you'd like. People say lots of things that =\= the truth. Every time today I've read one of your responses to what I write I question whether you bothered to read it at all or whether you just don't like the idea that someone could see similarities between two groups when one of those groups you want to be a distant from as possible.

Of course if you want to say I'm equating atheism and religion or belief one more time I'm sure there's plenty of straw left in the hayfield.

Yeah man I too don't care if someone is an atheist, theist or whatever, when it comes to religion keep it out of political decisions and decisions that effect us and the public at large. I don't care if someone 2000 years ago said men shouldn't have sex with men...wake up and smell 2012 grandma and give them their dam* rights already.

It's not my job to get through to anyone, or to mollycoddle them either. If I get through to people who are willing to listen to my arguments, great, if not, great. I generally have a low tolerance for b.s., even if it's coming from a friend or someone I respect.

And I didn't put any words in your mouth, because I addressed the fact that you were trying to use the similarities angle between Atheists and the religious as a way of insinuating that they were similar. Do you need me to go quote mining in your previous posts to show you where you say that Atheism sure seems to be like a religion. These kinds of dog-whistles don't fall on only deaf ears. I recognized what you were saying and why you were saying it.

Again, there may be similarities between people who are Atheist and people who are religious, but the similarities of the people, which is what I figured you meant and stated so, does not mean that Atheism and Theism are actually similar.

The logic fail was a failure of syllogism. You attempted to say in essence that apple eaters eat fruit, orange is a fruit, therefor apple-eaters eat oranges....which is a logical fallacy, as is saying that in essence that Atheists are similar to (Christians) the religious. The religious have a set of beliefs. Atheists have a set of beliefs, therefore Atheism is similar to a religion.

You can feign like you didn't say anything like that and that you're perplexed at how 'this' all started, that's your call.

There no straw being pulled here...only a bunch of fertilizer that JR and I have been pointing to, that you and TOML have been been sprinkling as you walk.

Anyways, this is a complete tangent. If you want to continue on it, go ahead, i'm kinda bored with the semantics game.

I could care less if you or anybody else becomes an Atheist. I think it's a tad foolish and un-evolved to believe in fairy tales but so long as they do, what I would prefer, is that they keep them to their damn selves. Keep them out of our education system, government or anything else that negatively effects the general public.

You can believe whatever backwards, demented, fantasy you like but if you want the right to impact other people you MUST be able to provide ACTUAL EVIDENCE that supports your crackpot horse manure before inflicting it on the public as some sort of "truth".

See, that's what TML's is saying - you're not an atheist - you're an anti-theist.

My dad (and some of my friends) are atheists.

Even when I was an atheist, I didn't go out of my way to slam/belittle/make fun of/etc those who believe in God and neither do they.

Every day I see this thread, I'm going to post a religious joke. Lighten the mood a bit...you guys are so hostile about something so (dare I say) trivial.

Anyways....Day #1, Joke #1

One bright, beautiful Sunday morning, everyone in tiny Jonestown wakes up early and goes to their local church. Before the service starts, the townspeople sit in their pews and talk about their lives and their families.

Suddenly, at the altar, Satan appears!! Everyone starts screaming and running for the front entrance, trampling each other in their determined efforts to get away from Evil Incarnate. Soon, everyone is evacuated from the church except for one man, who sit calmly in his pew, seemingly oblivious to the fact that God's ultimate enemy is in his presence. This confuses Satan a bit. Satan walks up to the man and says, "Hey, don't you know who I am?" The man says, "Yep, sure do."

Satan says, "Well, aren't you afraid of me?" The man says, "Nope, sure ain't."

Satan, perturbed, says, "And why aren't you afraid of me?" The man says, "Well, I've been married to your sister for 25 years."

Another one of religion's fallacious arguments.

"Science cannot prove that god does not exist, therefore he exists."

The whole point, is that at least science makes an effort to explain things in our world. Religion simply makes claims that have no foundation in anything real, and make no effort to back those claims. It's the methodology and mind-set behind religion that makes it so backward.

"Believe it or suffer eternal damnation!"

Archived