The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

Hey, if you open up your mind to possibilities, then go for it. It's just not scientific method.

Oh, but if science doesn't have the burden of proof anyway, then i guess nobody has to give a frack if religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences. Good. Science and religion are mutually exclusive, or are supposed to be, anyway.

Funny that some supernatural phenomena are okay, but God is not. This is antitheism at it's most hypocritical.

Guest Gumballthechewy

^Scientology. Is that related to atheism? Or is that a cult? Is there a God in scientology named Xenu? Whatever. It's an example of how anyone can make a religion out of anything these days. Cha-ching!

For I believe the 4th time now. I'm not an anti-theist. You seem to have ignored my previous 3 rebuttals on the matter so I won't bother with another one. How typical of you to ignore facts and logic and continue to spout of senseless and baseless comments though. I'd expect nothing different from a person who ignores science and believes in fairy tales though.

Sorry - but for the 5th time, IMHO (and others) you are an anti-theist.

This is based on how you have replied in this thread.

Even you have said "Atheists don't try to disprove god (or anything else really) we simply lack belief one exists due to a lack of any evidence or data." yet you insist on calling me and others that we believe in "fairy tales" etc...

I do not ignore facts nor science - you have me confused with those you spew hatred towards.

You seem to ignore the truth - the truth hurts doesn't it?

That is, you appear to be offended by being labeled an anti-theist as opposed to just an atheist.

Maybe if you change your tune towards believers (like myself - not those creationists/right wing Bible pushing God hates _____ signs) then I'll change my opinion of you.

Contrary to the blueprint religion has given you, simply repeating something over and over does not make it so. I'm no more an "anti-theist" than you are a Leprechaun. Stating that there is no evidence of something and hence it is unlikely and also stating that that is no evidence that it doesn't exist as well, is not anti-theist. You obviously don't understand your own term.

And I'm far from offended. In a state of sheer disbelief and awe of your inability to comprehend seemingly simple information would be more accurate.

To help Heretic and JR here is the definition of anti-theism from The Skeptics Dictionary:

"Anti-theism is active and vocal opposition to belief in gods of any sort and to institutions built around belief in a deity. Anti-theists are not passive atheists; they delight in atheism and delight in exposing the errors, absurdities, and pretensions of theists. Anti-theists consider all gods to be false gods and any benefits from belief in gods to be far outweighed by the harm done by such beliefs to the individual and to society. Anti-theists don't deny that there may be some benefits to some people some of the time due to their delusional belief in a deity or two, but they adamantly deny that faith in religious books or ideas is a good thing."

Is this or is this not your stance JR?

If yes --> end debate

If no --> end debate

Some famous anti-theists include Lawrence Krauss and Christopher Hitchens.

Here's some evidence:

And its corroborative evidence:

LuckyCharmsLeprechaun.jpg

You are therefore a self-identified leprechaun as hypothesized and now theorized through data collection and observation.

Let's see if you get the 'magically delicious' point of logic over the roar of your own imaginary airplane.

What's sad is that you won't admit that you're an anti-theist.

It's okay....there are alcoholics out there that won't admit they are one neither.

Oh! You were illustrating a point? really? I wouldn't have guessed. :picard:

Course mine must have been an airplane to you. :frantic:

FFS Heretic! An anti-theist is someone who is CERTAIN there is no god.

Myself, being a person open to the possibility of their being god/supernatural, would NOT fall under that description, would I?

Can you please, reconcile for me the gaping discrepancy there in what you're saying?

Here's some evidence:

And its corroborative evidence:

LuckyCharmsLeprechaun.jpg

You are therefore a self-identified leprechaun as hypothesized and now theorized through data collection and observation.

Let's see if you get the 'magically delicious' point of logic over the roar of your own imaginary airplane.

To help Heretic and JR here is the definition of anti-theism from The Skeptics Dictionary:

"Anti-theism is active and vocal opposition to belief in gods of any sort and to institutions built around belief in a deity. Anti-theists are not passive atheists; they delight in atheism and delight in exposing the errors, absurdities, and pretensions of theists. Anti-theists consider all gods to be false gods and any benefits from belief in gods to be far outweighed by the harm done by such beliefs to the individual and to society. Anti-theists don't deny that there may be some benefits to some people some of the time due to their delusional belief in a deity or two, but they adamantly deny that faith in religious books or ideas is a good thing."

Is this or is this not your stance JR?

If yes --> end debate

If no --> end debate

Some famous anti-theists include Lawrence Krauss and Christopher Hitchens.

Archived