The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

Another one of religion's fallacious arguments.

"Science cannot prove that god does not exist, therefore he exists."

The whole point, is that at least science makes an effort to explain things in our world. Religion simply makes claims that have no foundation in anything real, and make no effort to back those claims. It's the methodology and mind-set behind religion that makes it so backward.

"Believe it or suffer eternal damnation!"

Another one of religion's fallacious arguments.

"Science cannot prove that god does not exist, therefore he exists."

The whole point, is that at least science makes an effort to explain things in our world. Religion simply makes claims that have no foundation in anything real, and make no effort to back those claims. It's the methodology and mind-set behind religion that makes it so backward.

"Believe it or suffer eternal damnation!"

Another one of the stereotypical comments....

For the real spiritual people out there, it is NOT "Science cannot prove that god does not exist, therefore he exists." circular pathetic argument.

Religion, though, is man made and is complete with all of man's flaws.

Religion does NOT equal God.

God does NOT equal religion.

God is God.

That's it.

Believe, or do not believe - that's up to you.

Forget about the religion (not that all of it is bad, I'm just saying).

Another one of the stereotypical comments....

For the real spiritual people out there, it is NOT "Science cannot prove that god does not exist, therefore he exists." circular pathetic argument.

Religion, though, is man made and is complete with all of man's flaws.

Religion does NOT equal God.

God does NOT equal religion.

God is God.

That's it.

Believe, or do not believe - that's up to you.

Forget about the religion (not that all of it is bad, I'm just saying).

Please do explain then, who are the real spiritual people, and who are the fake ones?

Religion and god obviously aren't the same thing, but at the heart of religion lies the belief in something supernatural that we cannot see, hear, feel, or detect. That's where a god figure comes in. Religion and a sky father figure go hand-in-hand. Religion is the belief in the sky father figure, and all the ritual and traditions surrounding that belief. The sky father figure may be different according to different religions, or may take several forms etc. but do not for a second think that god and religiosity are not connected.

It can't be proven by science, though you can believe in it on faith. And in turn, you cannot prove your faith through science.

Asserting in something is like proving something, but as stated, the "metaphyiscal" can't be proven to others. So I don't think you can "assert" or "prove" anything about it, but you can "testify to your belief in it". So I as a Muslim don't have any burden to prove to you anything, and I wouldn't be able to give you the empircal proof you want. You on the other hand, wouldn't be able to ask for such emprical proof.

The next set of questions could be "How can one then come to believe in the "metaphysical"?" or "how does one maintain faith?"

Archived